5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 vs 2022 Laramie - is UConnect 5 worth it?

Tomcat68

Reaction score
We went from a 18 Pacifica with uc4 to a 21 Pacifica with uc5. I was just saying to myself yesterday how much I currently dislike uc5. The maturity of the software just is not there yet. Personally, if this is the lone reason, I'd do uc4. I'm curious if they will keep pushing updates. There have been several updates this year alone. Some have needed recalls or USB sticks sent to people in order to upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
Another difference between 2021 and 2022 Laramies is blind spot monitoring/cross path detection. Many 2021 Laramies will have those features, but no 2022 Laramies do. If those are important to you it might be a good idea to see if any of the 2021's you're considering have them.
No laramies currently on most lots, they did quietly reintroduce laramie level 1&2 mid october. So trucks with recent or updated vins stand to have BSM as standard once again

Zemlyak

Reaction score
Mine is 2021 Laramie and with all possible bells in it for this model. Only thing I am missing is larger rims, I will get aftermarket soon. Also rambox is something I would order if I can. Uconnect is great, anything I got is usefull. Don't forget large gas tank! :)

broken_vet

Reaction score
Mine is 2021 Laramie and with all possible bells in it for this model. Only thing I am missing is larger rims, I will get aftermarket soon. Also rambox is something I would order if I can. Uconnect is great, anything I got is usefull. Don't forget large gas tank! :)
Neat, but what does this have to do with the op's question?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
The 2022 is more then the Uconnect5 alone.
For example I think about the LED ligths in the trunk latch at the tailgate
the extra bacterial filters for the interior

and probably other small and bigger things.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Ultimately, there will not be an outsized difference between the two, biggest daily changes to a 22 Will be the wireless Apple and android connections, and a bit faster screen response, and personally, if you arent interesting in the delayed gratification of waiting on an order, then the 21's discount makes it a clear winner, all opinions aside, for you it has to be a value proposisiton, i dont really think currently a 22 off the lot is a great deal, dealers are not giving an inch for lot trucks, if youd like a 22 for the tech, ordering one, or finding a dealer whos willing to play ball @ invoice price is the way to go, otherwise, take the deal on a 21 and upgrade the tech as it becomes available

Users who are viewing this thread