5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Upgrades for 2020 Ram

JDGRam19

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we will be able to add the Digital Rearview Camera later as a mod? I would assume you could order the CHMSL with the camera and the actual mirror, just running the wiring.
That’s the only thing making me differentiate between getting a good discounted 2020 Limited versus ordering a 2021 (not worried about the HUD or trailer control).

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As with everything , where there’s a will there a way ...lol . I think you probably could change it as long as the CHMSL hasn’t changed it’s dimensions .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
As with just about everything I've ever wondered that about, I'm sure you can add it but it will cost a lot. Just one example being the optional 33 gallon fuel tank. When ordering, it's a $450 option. But try adding it later and it'll cost you in the neighborhood of $3000. Less if you do the conversion yourself, but quite a bit of work.

I've come to realize that (with very few exceptions) if I want a certain feature, it's easier/cheaper to just get a vehicle that's equipped with it than to try to add it later. Not to discourage enthusiasm, but with the complexity of today's vehicles, the days of doing that kind of modding are mostly over.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you get a '21 they will announce a feature that you just have to have in a '22. As with all electronics, you can wait for the never ending next best thing or you can buy now and enjoy what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread