5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 sport ambient lighting

Dh8572

Reaction score
Hi

New to ram been a ford guy for years
This might have been asked and yes inread the manual

In my sport I have an ambient light that kights up the cup holders and 1 on each passenger and driver floor board. They are super bright and have tried to use the dial beside the dash dim but nothing happens. They don't go brighter or darker

Is the switch broken or am I missing something????

And a side not reading other threads the dash is still really bright if I switch it so the ambient lights go right off

Any help appreciated

camaro430sut

Reaction score
In my 20 the dash, doors, floor ambient lighting is all controlled by one of the two roller switches to the left of the column. One is for the cluster/radio. The for ambient

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dh8572

Reaction score
Ok
I have no lights in doors or rear

And that dial doesn't do anything,

camaro430sut

Reaction score
This isn't the first time I've heard of this. You have the ambient lighting across the dash?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they are LED you need a PWM Dimmer. It turns the LEDs on and off at different flash rates
so it appears to dim or brighten the LEDs.

Malodave

Dh8572

Reaction score
No lighting across the dash
Just above cup holders and one under dash above your feet, passenger and drivers side, those are the ones I want to turn down

FM45

Reaction score
@D--- does your dimmer look like the one pictured...

IMG_20200903_085650.jpg

-=FM45=-

Dh8572

Reaction score
Ya, the one on the left i thought would dim the map light, the little one in the overhead, and dim the floor

FM45

Reaction score
kk... next question ... the lights under the drivers and pass floor.. are they the oem led lights or the simple bulb style... the led style actually have two lights in them, one for the interior and the other is the ambient. The ambient lighting only works with the parking/headlights are on... the pic shows the led style housing...

Ambient.jpg

-=FM45=-

Dh8572

Reaction score
They are led, i assume, white light
I can chk when i get home but 99% sure led

Dh8572

Reaction score
I have tried headlights in all positions, off to auto and all in between

Dh8572

Reaction score
Just checked led
Dealership says its normal not to be able to dim them
When I asked what the dial is for then they didnt know
My 2018 ford f150 you could dim them

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
On my Laramie, the control on the left dims the accent lighting and the control on the right is for the instrument lighting.

FM45

Reaction score
They do dim for sure.... I converted my truck from the standard lights to the factory oem leds.... and also added the two for the rear passengers... they all dim... In the process of adding the oem ambient lights to each door... something does not sound right..

-=FM45=-

Dh8572

Reaction score
Is there something i can chk on the dial?
I realize they go out when the one on the right if full but I didn't think the dealer was right
Basically saying there is a dial in your truck that does nothing?????

Think I might have to just go by

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just checked led
Dealership says its normal not to be able to dim them
When I asked what the dial is for then they didnt know
My 2018 ford f150 you could dim them
Not true. I have a limited, and the dimmer switch dims dash, doors, footwell and maplights

Dh8572

Reaction score
Does it matter where the light switch is?
Off, auto etc

Also how dim does it go? Mayne I am expecting to much?

But if i turn it down to the "bump" it should turn them right off correct?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Rebel so pretty much the same options as the Sport and the dial to the left does indeed turn the ambient lights up and down , if I turn the dial all the way down they turn off completely .

reidcc

Reaction score
I have a Sport, and it appear I have an LED above the cup holders, but only have the one wheel to control light brightness. The LED on mine does not light up.

When I picked up my truck last week from repair, the Tech was trying to tell me I have the LED, but no way to control. Was this part of an option pkg? My 2020 Sport was built 07/20.

Chris

jeffauclair

Reaction score
i owned a sport before my laramie. in the laramie trim, i have led in pedal, door, dash upper box, rear door, and few others places i dont remeber. in my sport i had only a little close to the glasses holder that spread down the console and under glove box I think. sure thing is the roller dim control the led intensity. the other one on the left control EVIC and creen brigthness and when turn up that little notch makes cancel the autodim night brightness

Users who are viewing this thread