5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 screen problems, SiriusXM, etc..

bowhunterjeff

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - New here and hoping someone can answer some questions I have as I'm going in circles.

I have a new last year 2021 ram 2500 diesel with a 12" flat screen.
1. screen 1 was very slow and lagged all the time when working within the SiriusXM app
2. replaced screen 1 with screen 2 from the dealer and that screen was slow, could not connect to Bluetooth phone, and XM dropped out after 2 days because they did not switch my radio ID.
3. Im on my 3rd screen now as of today. the screen seems to work better within the XM app and my iPhone paired right away this time. I had to call XM myself and explain to them why I needed to update the radio ID number, which took about 30min and they resent the single to update it. Here's the problem now: Some of the XM tiles when selecting channels do not show the channel name and logo. The logo pops up once it goes full screen, however. If I want to save that channel as a favorite. it just shows up as a SiriusXM channel. No name, no logo. I have a listener profile and active subscription with a refreshed single. Pictures are attached.

Anyone ever run into this problem and know how to fix it. I'm hoping I do not need a 4th screen. At this point for the money, it should work.

Thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG_4102.JPEG
    IMG_4102.JPEG
    112.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4103.JPEG
    IMG_4103.JPEG
    155.7 KB · Views: 29

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not a screen problem.... did they replace the screen or the radio? looks like a software concern.

bowhunterjeff

Reaction score
It's not a screen problem.... did they replace the screen or the radio? looks like a software concern.
Replaced the screen every time I believe and supposed to do all the "software updates" XM says it's not on their side about the logos.. I thought the radio / xm was part of the screen interface now or everything was built into that 12" screen unit???

Last edited:

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Replaced the screen every time I believe and supposed to do all the "software updates" XM says it's not on their side about the logos.. I thought the radio / xm was part of the screen interface now or everything was built into that 12" screen unit???
There is actually a radio module separate from the screen. If they haven’t replaced the actual module then I would suggest you mention that to them. The screen only displays what’s sent to it.

BB22

Reaction score
Same thing on my 2022 Rebel Uconnect 5 12" When I bought the truck in October, I set 15 favorite XM channels but 3 of them only had the Sirius logo on the pre set screen but did have the channel logo on the full screen. The dealer did a software update 3 weeks after I bought the truck along with a factory reset which wiped out all my settings along with the XM favorite channels. This time when I re-saved the 15 channels, 5 of them now only had the Sirius logo. The over the air software update that came out in December did nothing to correct this. I called Sirius and they said that they had no clue why that was happening.

bowhunterjeff

Reaction score
Same thing on my 2022 Rebel Uconnect 5 12" When I bought the truck in October, I set 15 favorite XM channels but 3 of them only had the Sirius logo on the pre set screen but did have the channel logo on the full screen. The dealer did a software update 3 weeks after I bought the truck along with a factory reset which wiped out all my settings along with the XM favorite channels. This time when I re-saved the 15 channels, 5 of them now only had the Sirius logo. The over the air software update that came out in December did nothing to correct this. I called Sirius and they said that they had no clue why that was happening.
Here's the crazy part. before I started switching screens, the XM was working 100% the only reason I switched the first screen out, was because of how slow it was reacting to the Sirius XM app. now it has been downhill from there. I'm wondering if the radio module swap out might fix the issue?? Have you found a fix yet?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I wonder if all these radio/screen swaps that still don't work is reminiscent of issues I saw back in the year 2000. At the time I owned a 99 Pontiac Trans Am. The radio volume control was electronic. Much like our RAM dial volume control. What was happening was these would fail and the volume either couldnt be adjusted or would adjust intermittently. Pontiac would just put in a "new" head unit. But the problems would come back almost immediately. The Trans Am forum community cocluded that Pontiac was pretty much recycling the head units around the country without actually fixing the problem.

Seems to me this MIGHT be happening with our head units. Given the shortages I have been hearing about and how it takes 2 or 3 units before the problems are resolved, only to reappear. Is RAM recycling defective units to us? I have zero proof of this, just observations.

I have been to have a working system from day 1. I am thankful for that.

bowhunterjeff

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions? someone else also suggested the XM antenna maybe??

Users who are viewing this thread