5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rebel w/ Harman Kardon Stereo!

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Boys, I finally found the problem and honestly, it's thanks to all you. This is the first forum I've ever joined in my life and I'm sold. You all are very welcoming and genuinely want to solve each others issues. Best thing I've done in awhile. To my problem.

So as I said earlier in this post that I mainly download my music to my iphone 8 plus and then plug my phone into the truck and play the music through Carplay. One of you guys hinted to my volume level on my phone which led me to look into the phone's settings. Apple phones have a setting in the music folder called "Soundcheck". What it does is automatically adjusts your playback volume based on how loud the recording was and makes every song you listen to at the same volume. Obviously that setting was on. Turned it off and immediately the sound was loud with volume at 15-17. I would like to thank all of you for your help. Thanks man.
How was the bass now compared to the Alpine system?

milks669

Reaction score
How was the bass now compared to the Alpine system?
My true answer, Im still looking to add another Sub, the Sub the hk comes with is a Pan sub, meaning it doesn’t really have an enclosure and its attacted to the back cab wall behind the rear passenger seat. To me you don’t feel the bass the same as you feel it in the Alpine. Hope this helps. Im just waiting for the warmer weather to come so I can install it myself

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What blows me away about this thread is that it's page 3 and nobody has mentioned how bassy the HK system is.
Many of us cannot have the bass slider on the eq above -6 without the sound being overly bassy.
I unplugged my sub to get rid of the booming bass.
Is it possible there was an over the air update that addressed the booming issue? Maybe I need to plug my sub back in and check this?

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Well I'm someone that wants deep bass. My music listening ranges from hip hop, hair band rock, country and even some latin music from time to time. I'm all over the place, lol.

jastevenson

Reaction score
The issue with the HK is not that it doesn’t produce bass. It does. The issue is that it produces awful, boomy bass.

Reactions: Buz

milks669

Reaction score
What blows me away about this thread is that it's page 3 and nobody has mentioned how bassy the HK system is.
Many of us cannot have the bass slider on the eq above -6 without the sound being overly bassy.
I unplugged my sub to get rid of the booming bass.
Is it possible there was an over the air update that addressed the booming issue? Maybe I need to plug my sub back in and check this?
I have no idea what you’re talking about, unless our definitions of bass are different. To me the bass is minamal, again when Compared to the Alpine stereo.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I have no idea what you’re talking about, unless our definitions of bass are different. To me the bass is minamal, again when Compared to the Alpine stereo.
So, in your opinion would you save your money on the HK option and install an aftermarket system?

milks669

Reaction score
The issue with the HK is not that it doesn’t produce bass. It does. The issue is that it produces awful, boomy bass.
I find it depends on the quality of recording you’re listening to. If its good the sound is really
So, in your opinion would you save your money on the HK option and install an aftermarket system?
Bro, if I did the same research you're doing right now about the HK systems. I would've either just got the Alpine system or put an aftermarket. I listen to the same music as you and need the bass like you. Some guys don't care for it, but I love my music loud. Don't get it is my advice to you.

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Everything I've read, everyone hates the HK system
Im ok with mine. Having extensive stereo systems in my cars/trucks since the mid 90s, this is the first stock system that im ok with. That said, im probably getting older....

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I find it depends on the quality of recording you’re listening to. If its good the sound is really

Bro, if I did the same research you're doing right now about the HK systems. I would've either just got the Alpine system or put an aftermarket. I listen to the same music as you and need the bass like you. Some guys don't care for it, but I love my music loud. Don't get it is my advice to you.
So happy I listened to you. I love the Alpine system. It's the perfect sounding bass that I prefer and it's loud enough for me that I don't need to add anything to the stereo system. Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread