5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rebel w/ duratracs Airing down to 28psi when going off. What are you guys doing?

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
2021 Rebel and she aint no mall runner. Taking her out every week and going again on Sunday. I did a quick search here and came up empty. What are you guys airing down to when going off? 28 psi literally has no significance to me other than sticking my wet finger in the air and thinking "Yeahs that's about right."

I'm running wash board mostly until I get to the good stuff then rough lava rock and also some "wanna cry silt" at the entrance to a dry lake bed.

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
My normal psi I'm running on road is 55 per the door jamb and 28 psi offroad for my typical area that I go offroading.

I used to run 42 on road with my old terra grappler nittos on the old truck. They lasted 80k. Seriously...no kidding. 80k And I'd air them down to 28 psi offroad too.

So just wondering what guys are running psi offroad.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In my off-road trails, which is hard pack with loose gravel/dirt and some sand, I typically run at 25 psi all around. If I get into heavier sand, I go to 18 psi all around.

There isn't really any set rule, since its dependent on your conditions, vehicle, weight and even weather. But I would go 25 psi and see how she runs, adjust as necessary.

On the street, I usually run the stock 55F/45R as per my door jam. Luckily I use those cheap auto deflators and a decent 12V air compressor to deflate and inflate rather quickly. I can get all 4 of my tires from 55/45 psi to 25 psi in about 1 minute. I can get them inflated in about 2-3 minutes per tire.

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
Awesome. Good to know that my 28 is close to your 25 for all around. Even the wanna cry silt wasn't butt clenching at 28 psi. But the washboard was still a little rough at 28. . So I'll try 24 on sunday. That'll smooth out the washboard and float more on the wanna cry

singlerail

Reaction score
just be careful without bead locks, watched some vids lately, and you can spin the tire on the wheel

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/