5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rebel research.

crewsk

Reaction score
new to this forum so first I want to say hello...
I am Looking for pictures or info on 2021 Rebel 1500 with red exterior lettering.....please....
I have a 2021 Rebel that picked up late 2022. They had a recall on the tailgate latch last year. before i could get it to the shop it opened while i was pulling a trailer. That hurt for sure, I took it to local Crysler dealer and surprisingly they agreed to do the repair to the tail gate. When I picked it up it had the wrong tailgate. My Rebel had the red lettering on the exterior. Front, side, and tailgate. Now i have black on the tailgate and they are saying mine must have been fitted with some unknown accessory package and they are having trouble solving my issue. I have only found pictures of the TRX models with red logos... Any help would be most appreciated and may show them that mine is not a one of a kind. and yes they are a Crysler dealer...... Thanks in advance......

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Did you but it new or used? If used, it's probably a mod the previous owner installed. Reflective Concepts is who a lot of us have used for vinyl applique lettering. 20201229_142237.jpg

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking aftermarket mod, I have never seen rebel tailgate from factory with red lettering.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Never seen this stock, it's probably an aftermarket inlay kit on the factory Rebel badge or an aftermarket badge.

crewsk

Reaction score
Did you but it new or used? If used, it's probably a mod the previous owner installed. Reflective Concepts is who a lot of us have used for vinyl applique lettering. View attachment 174773
I did get it used but these are not vinyl. Tailgate had huge RAM and small rebel to the left. front sides and the grill also had the raised lettering that you see on the other rams. Mine are just red. well except for the new tailgate. Ill get a couple pic and attach later. thanks

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I did get it used but these are not vinyl. Tailgate had huge RAM and small rebel to the left. front sides and the grill also had the raised lettering that you see on the other rams. Mine are just red. well except for the new tailgate. Ill get a couple pic and attach later. thanks

The red is not factory on a Rebel, though if you want to match the new one on the tail gate, there are kits available to do that.

crewsk

Reaction score
above pictures show old tailgate with red RAM this others show new tailgate with black RAM and the front red lettering. also the right side red lettering can be seen in full picture. I guess i can ask them to make all of them black. that would look good probably better but still not what i started with. Still wondering if any on this forum has seen the red lettering anywhere. Thanks..

SD Rebel

Reaction score

above pictures show old tailgate with red RAM this others show new tailgate with black RAM and the front red lettering. also the right side red lettering can be seen in full picture. I guess i can ask them to make all of them black. that would look good probably better but still not what i started with. Still wondering if any on this forum has seen the red lettering anywhere. Thanks..

There is one edition with some red, but even the Red Edition RAM never had a red RAM tail gate emblem or lower left emblem: Ram 1500 Limited (RAM)RED Edition Is A Sinister Truck With A Heart Of Gold | Carscoops

If you like the Red, just replace the black ones with aftermarket emblems.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The "badge" isn't vinyl, but I'd bet anything the red inserts are vinyl stickers the previous owner installed. Many of us have them.

If you like the red, just look up the overlay guy and order a set, or any other color you prefer. Mine are white.

Screenshot_20240116_153552_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

70runner

Reaction score
Definitely vinyl overlays, pretty common as noted. Did them on my Rebel, but the vinyl red was a different red hue and, IMO, clashed a bit with the Flame red. Replaced them with carbon/red outline vinyls. Like the look much better.

Ramdecals.jpg change_Nov23.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread