5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rebel Rear Diff - How do I tell if I have Max Tow or not?

NorCalxRebel

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New member here! I am getting ready to change the rear diff fluid (50K) and was wondering how does one tell if they have a Max Tow package or not.
Dealership THINKS I have the limited rear slip and require 4.23pints of 75w-140w, but he also said if I have Max Tow then it will require 80w-90w

Thanks in advance for all the help!

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your owners manual will tell you what fluid to use.

If you don't know whether or not you have and anti-spin rear axle you can plug your vin number in at this site and get your build sheet. If it doe not list "anti-spin" or limited slip then you don't have it.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebels only come equipped with 3.92 and electronic rear locker
Yep, this is correct.

You will need a few quarts of 75w-140 for the rear diff. No friction modifier is required in the rebel.

Front diff is 75w-85 but 75w-90 will work just fine.

Transfer case fluid is hard to locate in small volumes, so the dealer is the best option for that fluid.

Attachments

• IMG_1324.png
    IMG_1324.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 11

NorCalxRebel

Reaction score
I am considering Mobile 1 Synthetic 74w 140 for the rear and 75w-90w for the front diff.

Both say LS included, is that OK?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread