5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rebel now has Auto4Hi?

SandKey

Reaction score
Just noticed on a TFL video comparing the RAM TRX to Rebel 1500 that the Rebel 1500 had the Auto 4Hi transfer case. I checked the Canadian RAM Build and Price and for the 2021 they show an Electronic Shift on Demand tc as an option. Does anyone know if it's a beefier tc than the one in my 2020 Bighorn ORG?

SandKey

Reaction score
Bump
I really like the Rebel but was told Auto 4wd would not be offered on the Rebel due to off roading strength concerns, which I understand, but now it is available on the 2021 Rebel???
Does anyone know if they updated the Auto 4wd tc for Rebel use or is it the same Auto 4wd tc as in my 2020 Bighorn North Ed. w/ORG?

hayasa

Reaction score
I've had this exact question over the past few weeks as the reviews and videos of the 2021 Rebel have started posting. Pretty sure the the diesel still does not have 4Auto, and not sure about the V6, but among the 5.7L (my choice) it seems like 50% have the 4Auto button. I can't figure out the difference. Maybe something to do with a particular option? eTorque?

SandKey

Reaction score
Example with 4Auto:

Example without 4Auto:
Thanks, I just went back to the Canadian build & price, pic below shows the option of Electronic Shift On Demand Transfer case, still there when you select the diesel too.

Attachments

• 55C21A58-C77F-41A9-9C9F-DE2B231BDEB0.jpeg
    55C21A58-C77F-41A9-9C9F-DE2B231BDEB0.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 53

SandKey

Reaction score
Example with 4Auto:

Example without 4Auto:
Thanks, I just went back to the Canadian build & price, pic below shows the option of Electronic Shift On Demand Transfer case, still there when you select the diesel???
Thanks, I just went back to the Canadian build & price, pic below shows the option of Electronic Shift On Demand Transfer case, still there when you select the diesel too.
Also shows as an option on US Ram build and price, pic below. NOTE Canadians are being gouged by RAM, this option is $195 USD, or $595 CDN on Canadian site, which at today’s exchange rate is $465 USD!
SHAME RAM

SandKey

Reaction score
Thanks, I just went back to the Canadian build & price, pic below shows the option of Electronic Shift On Demand Transfer case, still there when you select the diesel???

Also shows as an option on US Ram build and price, pic below. NOTE Canadians are being gouged by RAM, this option is $195 USD, or $595 CDN on Canadian site, which at today’s exchange rate is $465 USD!
SHAME RAM

Attachments

• 45DD3E69-C1C9-4398-9AEB-B04CA598A452.jpeg
    45DD3E69-C1C9-4398-9AEB-B04CA598A452.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 84

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score

SHAME RAM
Yep, and despite their marketing we cannot get the ED in trim levels below Rebel. A rebel retails between $65-85k, with a Laramie about $71-90k up here in Canada. Getting majorly hosed to the point I'm considering a FERD for my next truck.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score

SHAME RAM
Just a note that shift on demand transfer case is Not 4 Auto

Americantruck04

Reaction score
what would it impact if you just had it and never used it? Are there components that are actually different part numbers that are weaker because of it?
The old Auto transfer case was clutch based supposedly and can overheat or something, idk if the new auto transfer case is the same they might have fixed just going off of what other people are saying

Smashius

Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Rebel last week. No 4WD Auto.

I also purchased a 2021 Rebel last week. It has the 4WD Auto.

boXyPV6b.jpg

Mother

Reaction score
Why are people still acting like this is random and mysterious?

It's a standalone option for 2021, just like it was for 2020.

If "Electronic Shift–On–Demand Transfer–Case" is listed on the window sticker ($195 option in the US), then you have 4WD Auto.

If that's not on your sticker, then you don't have 4WD Auto.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
****. I wish I known. 4Auto would have been nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arptsprt

Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel purchased on Oct. 23 has 4WD Auto. I live in snow country and I have been using it a lot - mostly in town. It works great. My 2012 F-150 also had it and I used it heavily without issue for the nine years I owned it.

As an aside, I had to drive a long distance drive for family reasons last weekend and had a one way rental of a new Ram Laramie with the 4WD Auto function. It was on for several hundred miles in intermittent crummy conditions and higher speeds and it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread