5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 rebel multi function tailgate issues?

jotruck

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I was trying to custom order a 2021 Rebel hydro blue with everything on it including the multi function tailgate . Additionally i wanted to get the black appearance (night edition) since it was announced that it would be available in all configurations. The dealer is telling me that they cant order a rebel with the multi function tailgate because either there are issues with the tailgate or because of covid (they are not sure). Additionally they said that the system wouldn't allow them to do the black night edition package on hydro blue but it would in some other colors.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I don't see any reason why a MFT won't work on a Rebel - nor why COVID would prevent ordering.

It's probably more along the lines of your color or option package selection.

I'd go on the BUILD SECTION of the Ram site - and mess around with configurations to see what is/isn't allowed.

I have a Limited - but the MFT was a MUST HAVE for me.

YMMV.

Rick

jotruck

Reaction score
I don't see any reason why a MFT won't work on a Rebel - nor why COVID would prevent ordering.

It's probably more along the lines of your color or option package selection.

I'd go on the BUILD SECTION of the Ram site - and mess around with configurations to see what is/isn't allowed.

I have a Limited - but the MFT was a MUST HAVE for me.

YMMV.

Rick
thank you so much for your thoughts. On the build page it lets me add the MFT but the dealer is saying there are issues and cant be ordered. Also the night edition is not available in any color con figuration on the build page (I tried 4 of them). The MFT is what i am most concerned about since it has been already widely known that while the night edition is available in 2021, it doesn't show on the build page. I may have to try a different dealer here in colorado.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
thank you so much for your thoughts. On the build page it lets me add the MFT but the dealer is saying there are issues and cant be ordered. Also the midnight edition is not available in any color con figuration on the build page (I tried 4 of them). The MFT is what i am most concerned about since it has been already widely known that while the midnight edition is available in 2021, it doesn't show on the build page. I may have to try a different dealer here in colorado.

Like I said - unless there's a parts shortage of MFT's across ALL MODELS - can't see why it would not be available SPECIFICALLY to a Rebel. So it has to be one of the other options you're looking at.

Personally - I don't offroad or anything - I like comfort and a loaded-options package. The MFT was a mandatory, as I'm "altitude challenged", and getting across a dropped tailgate makes the bed even more difficult to access. If was one of the main selling points over my #2 choice (F-150 Platinum Diesel).

Best of luck in your search...

Rick

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
thank you so much for your thoughts. On the build page it lets me add the MFT but the dealer is saying there are issues and cant be ordered. Also the night edition is not available in any color con figuration on the build page (I tried 4 of them). The MFT is what i am most concerned about since it has been already widely known that while the night edition is available in 2021, it doesn't show on the build page. I may have to try a different dealer here in colorado.
My 2021 Rebel has MFT and night edition but it's black.

jotruck

Reaction score
My 2021 Rebel has MFT and night edition but it's black.
thank you! they are telling me they are running in to issues with ordering the MFT for some reason. Quick question, for the night edition did you locate it at a dealer or did you do a factory order? i am trying to see hoe to order the night edition on a 2021 since it doesn't appear on the build to order page.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
thank you! they are telling me they are running in to issues with ordering the MFT for some reason. Quick question, for the night edition did you locate it at a dealer or did you do a factory order? i am trying to see hoe to order the night edition on a 2021 since it doesn't appear on the build to order page.
You're right. Night edition is not even available on the Ram build-to-order website for the 2021 Rebel. I had the dealer factory order it.

jotruck

Reaction score
You're right. Night edition is not even available on the Ram build-to-order website for the 2021 Rebel. I had the dealer factory order it.
thank you, they were telling me that only some colors can get the night edition but since it isnt available to order and they are telling me the MFT is not being added to orders now I am obviously skeptical so i will try to check with another dealership here in colorado.

jotruck

Reaction score
View attachment 72175
View attachment 72176
Bought this off the lot on Saturday, Night Edition, MFT, love both.
That is a beautiful truck, congrats! i am not sure why they are telling me it can't be ordered. i am basically looking for a hydro blue rebel with all options (rambox, mft, tech package, bed utility, asg, convenience) and yes night edition if possible. I must be missing something. Congrats again!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
That is a beautiful truck, congrats! i am not sure why they are telling me it can't be ordered. i am basically looking for a hydro blue rebel with all options (rambox, mft, tech package, bed utility, asg, convenience) and yes night edition if possible. I must be missing something. Congrats again!
One word of caution on the 2021 Rebel: The new trailer tow group and the convenience package are not compatible- just a heads up.

outdoorco75

Reaction score
Where in Colorado are you?

Total

Reaction score
I'm trying to order hydro blue with night edition too and was told by couple of dealers that it's not possible. Also dealer told me I can't add towing package if I select comfort/convenience package. Ram build site doesn't show towing package as an option for the 2021 rebel even without selecting comfort/convenience group. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good dealer near California soon to put in the order. None of the dealer near me come close to a reasonable price for ordering.

outdoorco75

Reaction score
Broomfield.....though at this point i dont care where i order from lol.

Maybe try Castle Rock Dodge Ram Jeep where I went. DM me if you want the info of the guy I used. I got it below invoice plus $2500 in rebates. He did say that dealers aren’t as willing to give good deals on custom orders but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jotruck

Reaction score
I'm trying to order hydro blue with night edition too and was told by couple of dealers that it's not possible. Also dealer told me I can't add towing package if I select comfort/convenience package. Ram build site doesn't show towing package as an option for the 2021 rebel even without selecting comfort/convenience group. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good dealer near California soon to put in the order. None of the dealer near me come close to a reasonable price for ordering.
yeah at this point it seems like night edition is not available with hydro blue, I do hope i can find a dealer that can order everything else. I pretty much maxed out the options for the 2021 hydro blue rebel. The towing package didn't show for me either, can anyone tell me what it has in it? I added the trailer brake system and the trail tow power folding mirrors separately.

Last edited:

WanderingDuc

Reaction score
Looks like they updated the site recently. Both the Black appearance package and the trailer towing package were available. And both the trailer towing package and the MFT had limitations on how they could be ordered. When I put my order in the MFT was not available in the Hydro Blue, but available in every other color and the Night/Black appearance package would default you to the black paint on the Ram build page. If I were to guess, the packages were removed based on shortage issues. If you can wait, I'm sure they will update again around January-March.

Users who are viewing this thread