5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rebel - Aftermarket stereo, USB HUB will work only after plugging and unplugging it into the back of the headunit.

ACGOG

Reaction score
Howdy,

Just bought a 2021 Rebel that didn't have Android Auto or any of the fun stuff so I went ahead and replaced the 5" with an Alpine ILX-511.

Boy oh boy was it a pain in the *** but I've got it  mostly working now, except for the USB HUB in the dash below the radio itself. I want to clarify, I don't care about Android Auto or Apple working through the USB, I just want it to charge.

I bought the Maestro ACC-USB-RAM adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Maestro-Acc-USB-RAM-Media-Port-Adapter/dp/B01K04EN6M

I can't use the little board thing in the center console it seems, and that's fine because it charges.

The weird thing is when I use the cable and plug it into the USB and connect it into the back of the Alpine, it doesn't work. Doing a search around it appears that it's due to it being a USB HUB and most HU's can only support one device. However, when I unplug it from the rear of the unit it's like something triggers and all the ports start charging again.

They'll also continue to charge for about 10+ minutes before they shut off again.

Is there a way to keep them on or what the trigger is? Again, don't care about AA or ACP, just want them to charge my stuff.

TL;DR: Replaced head unit, USB HUB will charge after I plug it into the back of it and unplug it only.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Howdy,

Just bought a 2021 Rebel that didn't have Android Auto or any of the fun stuff so I went ahead and replaced the 5" with an Alpine ILX-511.

Boy oh boy was it a pain in the *** but I've got it  mostly working now, except for the USB HUB in the dash below the radio itself. I want to clarify, I don't care about Android Auto or Apple working through the USB, I just want it to charge.

I bought the Maestro ACC-USB-RAM adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Maestro-Acc-USB-RAM-Media-Port-Adapter/dp/B01K04EN6M

I can't use the little board thing in the center console it seems, and that's fine because it charges.

The weird thing is when I use the cable and plug it into the USB and connect it into the back of the Alpine, it doesn't work. Doing a search around it appears that it's due to it being a USB HUB and most HU's can only support one device. However, when I unplug it from the rear of the unit it's like something triggers and all the ports start charging again.

They'll also continue to charge for about 10+ minutes before they shut off again.

Is there a way to keep them on or what the trigger is? Again, don't care about AA or ACP, just want them to charge my stuff.

TL;DR: Replaced head unit, USB HUB will charge after I plug it into the back of it and unplug it only.
I have an aftermarket HU and everything works fine. Seems like you might need to contact Alpine for a fix or go with a different unit. Mine is from Phoenix Auto.

ACGOG

Reaction score
I have an aftermarket HU and everything works fine. Seems like you might need to contact Alpine for a fix or go with a different unit. Mine is from Phoenix Auto.

Yeah it says explicitly in their manuals that Alpine doesn't support USB HUB's, which again is fine. I just want to keep these things in to charge.

Users who are viewing this thread