5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rebel 12! 4'' BDS Lift.

Jerzeyrebel

Reaction score
Good Evening all. I'm a proud NEW owner of a 2021 Ram Rebel, also new to the community. coming from a 370z&Infiniti Q50 RS this is definitely a whole different kind of experience . Already did my Borla Atak & 5% Tints all around the truck including windshield. Thing looks BAD @SS! Truck has 500 miles on it, so I want to make sure what I put onto this thing will be "Perfect" especially with lifting the vehicle. I dont not want to make any mistakes here or any kind of regrets so to say

I've watched countless videos & read countless amounts of threads and I still cant seem to get THE answer . So heres me shooting my shot.

The end result, I would like my truck to comfortably fit 35s. I also would like the truck to be higher up. (I have a work vehicle so this truck is really only driven when I travel to the gym, or on weekends when i'm out with friends/wife) . With that being said, I really do care about the ride quality even though im not CONSTANTLY in it, i want to still be able to have a somewhat luxury ride. I've been reading/listening to some people say it rides exactly like stock, it rides better than stock, and it rides worse than stock. Can never get a straight answer.

This is the kit im ready to pull the trigger on .
10224042019 Ram 1500 4in Strut Spacer Box Kit
10225082019 Ram 1500 Rear Box Kit
10226322019-20 Ram 1500 Knuckle Box Kit - DRV
10226332019-20 Ram 1500 Knuckle Box Kit - PASS
10226422020 Ram Front Box Kit 1 of 2
10226432020 Ram Front Box Kit 2 of 2
10323082019 Ram 1500 3in Rear Coil Box Kit
298224750Fox 2.0 Shock 28.25 x 17.15 x 2- S50/EB1

This is the BDS 4'' Kit that will fit my 2021 Rebel. Should I mix and match what is shown here to give me a better ride quality or is this ALL i need? Should i upgrade the upper control arm also. Mind you this is a brand new truck and i do not want to cheap out on reliability&comfort. Will there be any issues with ANY kinds of bad angles , on the drive shaft, ball joints, trans.. etc. How about tires? Will these lifts eat my tires alot faster or is that in older models with older lift kits.

Also would like to hear your experience with this EXACT kit, or EVEN then 6'' Kit W/ or W/O COs. Most importantly , tell me about the BADS .

Any tips. thanks again for reading.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have that kit and it rides just like factory. The 35s will make the ride quality a little stiffer though but not bad at all. All of the angles are amazing with it & I don’t see any reason to get UCAs. I don’t see anything wrong with the kit except that you have to cut the frame to install it which I didn’t know when I had it installed. This means your factory suspension warranty is 100% toast - trust me I fought with ram corporate and dealerships for 2 months over it and that was the verdict. Personally though I think if I had a Rebel (which sits an inch taller than normal) I think I would do 37s. I gained 4.75” front lift, so let’s assume maybe you’ll get 5.75” and the rebel bumper can fit bigger tires too I feel like you’d be able to fit 37s and it would look so sweet! Hope that helps.

BCT

Reaction score
I just had the BDS 4” lift with FOX Rear Shocks installed on my 2021 Rebel last month.
Very happy with the Ride Quality and height. I also went with BFG KO2s in 35s on 20” Wheels.

My only complaint is that I use the truck for work and I have a LEER Cap installed (roughly 200lbs) and a custom tool box with tools in the back (250-300 lbs).
The truck is almost level with the just the CAP installed and empty BUT the added weight of the tools and box give me about 1.5” of rear sag.

I talked to BDS and they recommended installing the rear coil kit from their 6” kit to fix the sag.

BDS says that the 4” kit is supplied with 3” rear coils to remove all the Rake make the truck level.
Loading the rear of the truck will sag the rear.

I received my 6” coil kit (actually 5” coils that measure 24” long un-Installed). Installing this weekend...I will update next week.

I’m also planning on installing rear air bags for when I tow my trailer.

Pic below is how it looks now fully loaded with tools before new rear springs are installed.

Otherwise, I’m extremely happy with the quality of the lift, the ride is excellent, and it looks badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I just had the BDS 4” lift with FOX Rear Shocks installed on my 2021 Rebel last month.
Very happy with the Ride Quality and height. I also went with BFG KO2s in 35s on 20” Wheels.

My only complaint is that I use the truck for work and I have a LEER Cap installed (roughly 200lbs) and a custom tool box with tools in the back (250-300 lbs).
The truck is almost level with the just the CAP installed and empty BUT the added weight of the tools and box give me about 1.5” of rear sag.

I talked to BDS and they recommended installing the rear coil kit from their 6” kit to fix the sag.

BDS says that the 4” kit is supplied with 3” rear coils to remove all the Rake make the truck level.
Loading the rear of the truck will sag the rear.

I received my 6” coil kit (actually 5” coils that measure 24” long un-Installed). Installing this weekend...I will update next week.

I’m also planning on installing rear air bags for when I tow my trailer.

Pic below is how it looks now fully loaded with tools before new rear springs are installed.

Otherwise, I’m extremely happy with the quality of the lift, the ride is excellent, and it looks badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You forgot to post the pic haha

Users who are viewing this thread