5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Limited Air Suspension - Level

B33k

Reaction score
During my lunch break today (Love work from home) I installed an airlink level kit from Airlink Suspension. It raises the front 1 1/4" and lowers the rear 3/4". It was a pretty simple install and the links appear to be much better quality than the stock links. I haven't had time to drive it around but I ran the shocks up and down a couple of times. Here is a before and after pictures it's pretty subtle change but I like how low the tailgate is when in entry/exit it will be much easier to load for me. I plan to take it for a quick drive later and see if I notice any difference in ride quality and remeasure maybe take out that 1/4 or see about lowering it just a little more for now to fill that wheel well until I can upgrade the tires. These OEM tires have really awful traction just pulling up my wet driveway.

My original measurements are:

Front Rear New Front New Rear
Entry/Exit 34 3/4 37
Aero 36 1/8 38 1/8
Normal 36 7/8 38 3/4 36 1/8 38 3/8
OR1 38 1/4 39 5/8
OR2 39 40 3/4

IMG_0774.jpg IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg IMG_0775.jpg

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have a Limited and want to bring the front up about 3/4” just to take out a little rake. I’m worried the ride will suffer though.
I think with 1-1/4” up front you’re going to notice a considerably stiffer ride.
Please report back where you end up with height vs ride comfort.

davidn0021

Reaction score
I have these same links and was planning to install them this weekend. Probably look to bring the front up 3/4" and the rear down about 1/2" to get a more level look without sacrificing too much in ride quality or throwing off the air suspension and losing certain ride heights.

B33k

Reaction score
I have these same links and was planning to install them this weekend. Probably look to bring the front up 3/4" and the rear down about 1/2" to get a more level look without sacrificing too much in ride quality or throwing off the air suspension and losing certain ride heights.
I may fiddle with them more as well. I just put them on they way he intended. I kind of prefer a level lower look as well. I don't know how much a full turn lowers/raises them yet or how much we have to work with. The biggest pain is getting those little keepers back on but it's not too bad.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I made some and just did the rears, made the truck ride too bouncy so I put the stock ones back on. I need to measure the rears that Revel or airlink sells and see what the difference is

19RamLim

Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Ram Limited; has anyone figured out how to have the OEM air ride remapped to ride higher if "off road 1 or 2" over the 41 mph speed, without lowering back down to "normal"? Thanks.

B33k

Reaction score
How did your install go? Im finding it stiffened up my ride using the stock settings a bit more than I would prefer. I am going to try and adjust it done a bit more and see if I can get it better.

davidn0021

Reaction score
How did your install go? Im finding it stiffened up my ride using the stock settings a bit more than I would prefer. I am going to try and adjust it done a bit more and see if I can get it better.

Haven't had a chance to install anything yet, in the midst of some furniture projects aside from work also kicking my *** the past couple weeks. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Gitter

Reaction score
I drove with just the Airlinks for a couple weeks and it was a little harsher, but it wasn't bad at all. What I didn't like was that the front shocks would bottom out over bumps that didn't do it before (like the railroad tracks I go over twice a day). Once I installed the Daystar spacers up front, it now rides like it did before I put on the Airlinks.

davidn0021

Reaction score
I drove with just the Airlinks for a couple weeks and it was a little harsher, but it wasn't bad at all. What I didn't like was that the front shocks would bottom out over bumps that didn't do it before (like the railroad tracks I go over twice a day). Once I installed the Daystar spacers up front, it now rides like it did before I put on the Airlinks.

I was afraid that was going to happen. Was hoping I could get away with not having to add the spacers, but it appears I'll have to to maintain the ride quality.

ggray36

Reaction score
Just did mine today. Here it is in “Normal” ride height setting! Rarely notice the stiffer ride

Attachments

• 3332AAC7-532B-4BDD-9815-264BA9FB2702.jpeg
    3332AAC7-532B-4BDD-9815-264BA9FB2702.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 121

DTenGil

Reaction score
I just installed the links and spacers. Well, I installed the links and let my mechanic install the spacers when they put on my new 35s :) Ride is good, but definitely feels a little bouncier, but that's kinda as expected. I explained how the links worked to the mechanic and how to fine turn them, but I don't think he adjusted anything. Left front wheel well is lower by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Left side also rubs. I'm going to tinker with it tomorrow to try and raise the left hand side a bit. Love the looks of the 35s though!!

DTenGil

Reaction score
also, what PSI everyone run? sizing up door jam to new 35" tires says 50psi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread