5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HK stereo Issue

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know Thank you. Do you know where the ANC is located? I am going to remove the rear seat this weekend. I am assuming that I will be able to "reverse engineer" what the installer did. I also got in contact with the place that put the sub in. Unfortunately their wiring installer will not be in until Friday. My plan is to speak with him and hopefully he gives me some insight on what he bypassed. I have rescheduled my dealership appointment until 2 December. Hopefully between now and then I can get in there and see if I can avoid going all together.
Try looking through this, it might help. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/fix-cabin-noise-booming-rattle.3086/#post-44745

I'd also suggest putting soundproofing mat all on the back wall while you've got the seat out. It's on my list of things to do for my truck.

BigBlueBeast

Reaction score
Try looking through this, it might help. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/fix-cabin-noise-booming-rattle.3086/#post-44745

I'd also suggest putting soundproofing mat all on the back wall while you've got the seat out. It's on my list of things to do for my truck.
Cool good info, Thanks. By brief inspection looking under the driver seat. it looks as if none of the connections have been altered. I do see 4 objects on 4 of the wires that look like wire taps. I don't know if those are something from the factory though. I will take pictures when I can get in there and move my seat all the way forward. From what I read about the ANC would bypassing it make the stereo quieter though? I purchased some polyfill today also to pad the sub when and if I finally get it hooked back up.

BigBlueBeast

Reaction score
So this weekend, I was told by the person who owned the truck and the installer that the HK system didn't come with a sub. LOL. I had some time this weekend and did some troubleshooting. Upon examining the factory amp I see where the installer used T-taps to tap into the signal. however there was just a blank tap on the wires and they weren't broken or anything. I will keep them on the wire for now in case I decide to upgrade.

Upon examining one of the connectors I noticed that it was barely connected. I reseated it and pushed it all the way in until I heard a click...UREKA! The sub came to life. I now have bass again.

Upon testing the volume, at 10 it is noticeably louder but I still don't feel as if it is as loud as it should be. I can now turn it to 16 instead of 20 to get a nice listening volume. I may still have the dealer look at it to see if there are any updates out there. I am on version 21.XX on my radio. I am assuming the 21 means the year so. I may be on the current version.

dailyherold

Reaction score
@BigBlueBeast not sure what your truck build date is (MDH on door jam sticker), but if it's between MDH0128XX and MDH0828XX then go to your dealer and ask for TSB 08-123-18. This seems to be the TSB for system volume complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread