5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM Front Tow Hooks

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Hello, I have a few questions regarding MOPAR front tow hooks. I am looking at installing chrome tow hooks with the bezel kit.
1. I noticed the 'chrome' tow hooks are no longer offered in a kit which included both L and R chrome tow hook and necessary bolt. However, the black tow hooks still come in a kit which includes everything. If you want the chrome tow hooks you have to purchase all pieces separate. Is there a reason for this? Are the chrome tow hooks being discontinued or phased out? I just wanted to make sure there aren't issues with the chrome hooks that anyone is aware of?
2. There are 2 different part numbers for chrome tow hooks that fit my truck...one cost $81 per hook and the other cost around $110 per hook. I can't see any differences other then the part numbers. (part# 68272944AB vs. 68288776AA) I also noticed a couple different part numbers for the bezel kit. Am I missing something?
3. I think the chrome tow hooks look sharp with the chrome front bumper. What do you all think?

Thanks!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also get a tow hitch shackle for the rear. It saved my a$$ once. Wife had to pull me out of a ditch. But it had to be in reverse.

Long story short, she wanted to go in with her jeep first, I said no, let me try. The long wheelbase bottom out on me.

Here is my embarrassing picture. The tow hitch shackle worked

65cff0b54a28fb8582ee680f0212feb7.jpg

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also get a tow hitch shackle for the rear. It saved my a$$ once. Wife had to pull me out of a ditch. But it had to be in reverse.

Long story short, she wanted to go in with her jeep first, I said no, let me try. The long wheelbase bottom out on me.

Here is my embarrassing picture. The tow hitch shackle worked

65cff0b54a28fb8582ee680f0212feb7.jpg

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I also have the tow hitch shackle and the day after I got it my truck had a 100% dead battery wouldn't jump in my garage with 1" clearance between top of truck and garage ceiling. Tow truck shows up and says how do I get your truck out - I'm gonna need to put skids under the rear tires and winch it out but need a place to attach my cable... and just like that the hitch shackle proved its worth.

LouNY

Reaction score
Absolutely right. Pain in the butt, until someone here told me about getting soft synthetic shackles. It make things alot better to strap on.

I go back and forth on this - at first I was upset about it coming g from a 4th gen with the hooks, then like ARod412 I got a set of soft shackles and now I like the loops because there is no change of the strap slipping off.
Yes, I exoect that I'll be picking up a soft shackle.
They look nice but just another expense and piece to keep track of.
Especially as I'll want two to make a V bridle when pulling my truck at times,
and then a third as a spare.
I have a drawbar that I keep in the truck with no ball mounted to it with a steel shackle,
this is used for farm wagons and equipment also.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the red tow hooks from the Rebel will bolt right on to my 2020 Limited? Or are they different bolt patterns?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the red tow hooks from the Rebel will bolt right on to my 2020 Limited? Or are they different bolt patterns?
I have never seen red tow hooks from the factory. My Rebel came with black tow hooks that I painted red, but yes the bolt pattern are the same for limited and rebel.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never seen red tow hooks from the factory. My Rebel came with black tow hooks that I painted red, but yes the bolt pattern are the same for limited and rebel.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Oh, for some reason I thought the Rebel had red tow hooks. Thanks!

CRod210

Reaction score
I am looking to install the hooks on my Ram 2021, but I can't find the part number that includes the bezels. Does anyone know that the part number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking to install the hooks on my Ram 2021, but I can't find the part number that includes the bezels. Does anyone know that the part number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You may have to piece the hooks and bezels together separately. I included the bezel kit part number and tow hook part numbers below. Just an FYI, I was unable to find the factory Mopar tow hooks at a dealer. I placed an order at wholesale Mopar and ultimately my order was canceled because they were unable to fill the order. I was told the part # was no longer produced and they had none in inventory. Not sure on the validity of that but I do know you can still find the hooks on Amazon if needed.

Kit Includes:
  • 68274701AB - Left and Right Tow Hook Bezels
  • 68368950AA x4 - Hardware
  • Kit Contains:
  • 68272945AB - Left Tow Hook
  • 68272944AB - Right Tow Hook
  • 6508668AA (x2) - Bolts x2
I decided to go with an aftermarket option for tow hooks and I would advise against it. While they will work, and the fitment is decent, the finish on the hooks is not consistent. You can see discoloration and what appears to be pitting on the material. The quality is just not there for the price and I have read the same for several different aftermarket brands. I'd strongly suggest finding a set of Mopar hooks and going that route.

Attachments

• hook1.jpg
    hook1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 45

Kicker0927

Reaction score
I just ordered the following from Ramsareus.com

Genuine Mopar Ram Tow Hook Kit Black​
DTTOWHOOKBLK​
Genuine Mopar Ram Tow Hook Bezel Kit​
DTTOWB​

It was $188 total after tax and shipping. That was the best price I could find.

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Yes, I exoect that I'll be picking up a soft shackle.
They look nice but just another expense and piece to keep track of.
Especially as I'll want two to make a V bridle when pulling my truck at times,
and then a third as a spare.
I have a drawbar that I keep in the truck with no ball mounted to it with a steel shackle,
this is used for farm wagons and equipment also.
Which soft shackles do you use?

CRod210

Reaction score

DTTOWHOOKBLK​
DTTOWB​

Do they come with the hardware? Or that separate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

DTTOWHOOKBLK​
DTTOWB​

They want $125 to ship two hooks to Alaska, lmao

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with chrome!

Well, you can go wrong with chrome. But when tastefully done, it's awesome! The chrome tow hooks looks awesome as well. :cool:(y)

Carla2021Ram08.jpg

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
I think chrome doesn't look good on modern vehicles. Which is why my Limited has the Night Edition. Hey, you asked what we all think. :p
I love how the chrome looks on my patriot blue limited. Everyone has different tastes. I just think it make the blue pop more

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread