5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram etorque turning off while driving (video) ***UPDATE***

Ozwaldthedog

Reaction score
Finally caught my truck on video randomly shutting off at low speed. Has anyone heard of a fix for this yet? This has happened a handful of times since I bought the truck a little over a year ago.

My truck is waiting for a rear glass to come in to fix the massive water leak I have. I know have another thing to bring up with my service advisor.

***UPDATE**** 12/9/22

Took my truck to the dealer to have the rear glass replaced because it had a broken frame and was leaking water into the cab (that's another story). While it was in there I showed them the video and referenced a TSB issued for the problem (18-048-21) which has them Flash the PCM to the newest firmware. They did the flash while the window was getting replaced. So far it hasn't happened again and it actually feels like I have a greater throttle response.

I have attached the TSB for reference.

Attachments

• MC-10214592-9999.pdf
    693.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is an update to the PCM low speed stall on 2021 DTs tsb 18-091-22 and possibly a BPCM update

Eticket1337

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine did this over the weekend. 2022 Laramie with eTorque. Slow speed turn, Battery showed 11.6 volts. Got it started and drove it home (a mile). Charged it for a couple of hours. Have not had a reoccurrence so far.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not good. That could be dangerous if the motor dies in heavy traffic or crossing a busy intersection.😲

AngryAce

Reaction score
That is insane. The auto stop/start engages when I am coming to a stop, maybe 5mph or so but the whole truck doesn't shut down. Glad you got it to show the service advisor.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does your fall under the Recall that Ram sent out to update the system for the e-torque?

shaun freddy

Reaction score
Finally caught my truck on video randomly shutting off at low speed. Has anyone heard of a Kodi nox fix for this yet? This has happened a handful of times since I bought the truck a little over a year ago.

My truck is waiting for a rear glass to come in to fix the massive water leak I have. I know have another thing to bring up with my service advisor.

how frequenntly do you change oil ?

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1,000,000,000,000,000 more reasons not to buy a RAM with etorque! LOL
Back in the summer when I got my truck, as we were finishing paperwork the salesman whispered to me "You're smart to get the regular Hemi. The eTorque has been nothing but trouble." Little did I know that 3 months later the regular Hemi would go away forever. Man, I was lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread