5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Classic Factory Order Time

Younan

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered a ram classic and received information on delivery time? I ordered mine on 04.28.2021 and the dealer is saying they still have no information to update me on. Thanks!

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
The classic plant has been shut down for months to prioritize chips for the DT and other more profitable FCA vehicles. Good luck, the wait will be a while yet and you’ll probably get it sometime in 2022.

stembridge

Reaction score
I placed my order on 6/24 with Aaron at Mark Dodge and he texted my VIN on the 28th (which confirms it's a 2021MY). The POC shows D1 with an estimated ship date of 7/8. We'll see if it actually happens that way, but I imagine they have to be building out the last orders soon.

es

Swollen knuckles

Reaction score
Ordered my ram warlock on 5/12/2021.…..5.7 hemi, crew cab, granite crystal, 4c nav, luxury, electronics, remote,utility groups. performance hood, spray in bed liner, 20” wheels, rear window defroster. Had a vin number 2 weeks after my order and spoke to dealer this past Friday says it is scheduled to ship on 7/9/2021 and I should have it by the end of the month. Today I received a build sheet from cryptosticker.com and hope to have a widow sticker sheet by Friday. We will see. They opened the Warren plant on 6/1/2021 that builds the classic ram, so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

stembridge

Reaction score
My truck was in paint today, so it’s under construction. Hope to have a build sheet in a day or two!

es

b5 RaT

Reaction score
have any of you guys above that ordered since april 2021 have received your truck yet

stembridge

Reaction score
Nope. Truck is built and in KZLD - delayed shipping due to lack of rail autorack cars.

es

b5 RaT

Reaction score
Nope. Truck is built and in KZLD - delayed shipping due to lack of rail autorack cars.

es
hum which direction is yours heading .. mine going to texas, i was a week behind you on window sticker but ordered 5/24

stembridge

Reaction score
hum which direction is yours heading .. mine going to texas, i was a week behind you on window sticker but ordered 5/24
Mine is heading to Mark Dodge in LA (not Lower Alabama!). We’ll probably ride together as far as maybe Nashville??

es

stembridge

Reaction score
The DT styling is too fussy for my tastes (retired industrial designer). The DS price tag fits my retirement budget better, too. (c:

es

Younan

Reaction score
Apparently, my truck just entered "D" status this month (ordered in April).It looks like I am going to have to wait a while longer. I am up in Canada, and from what I am reading on this forum, it seems like our orders take way longer to process.

As for why I ordered the classic. I was not looking for the all the bells and whistles that come with the new generation. For a similarly spec'd DT truck, I was looking at paying at least $10,000 CAD more.

stembridge

Reaction score
Just got an update from Aaron that my truck is at the rail yard and the estimated ETA at Mark Dodge is August 18. Ordered all my dress-out goodies this morning, too!

es

stembridge

Reaction score
Truck is currently in IL, rolling South! Of course, Illinois is a loooooong State. ETA still 8/18.

es

stembridge

Reaction score
Truck is in Louisiana, but not yet to the rail yard. ETA still August 18.

es

b5 RaT

Reaction score
Truck is in Louisiana, but not yet to the rail yard. ETA still August 18.

es
on the slow train .. i thought yours would get delivered before mine .. i was really surprised when my sales guy said it was on a truck at the dealer i was assuming it would be near your date of the 18th

stembridge

Reaction score
Aaron just replied to my email that the truck arrived today! He's out this weekend, so no pics yet, and all I need now is to know when the PDI will be done so I can make travel arrangements. (edit: he said it will be done Monday).

es

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aaron just replied to my email that the truck arrived today! He's out this weekend, so no pics yet, and all I need now is to know when the PDI will be done so I can make travel arrangements.

es
Nice. Send some pics when you get them.

Users who are viewing this thread