5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ram burning coolant smell

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've never smelled coolant out of my AC vents, you possibly have a small heater core leak, I would definitely get that checked out, there is a way to block it off (examples showing how online) so you can still use your truck until it's fixed, if that's the case.

In the future I'm going to be exporting my Rebel to the Philippines, I'm going to be blocking off the heater core permanently since I'll never need to use it there.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Yea, no greasy film anywhere that I can tell. No moisture on the floorboards. Everything running normal, but the smell. Going to take it in for a new heater core. My buddy always use to tell me it smelt like coolant since I bought it new. Took it to the dealer 2 times and they couldn't find anything. But of course all my warranty it up now. So perfect timing to pay for the ****tiest job lol

Users who are viewing this thread