5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ram 8.4 screen issue

DBrickey

Reaction score
My 2021 ram big horn started to show only the navigation map and not the media or other screens. I tried the reset and it did nothing. I held the media button for a few seconds and I got "this function is not available while vehicle in motion". This was true for other buttons on the touch screen. Any fix?
Dave

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The short answer is that they don't want you playing with the screen while you should be paying attention to the road.

If you're in full screen nav with a route entered, it may not let you switch to split screen or completely out of nav until you stop the vehicle. You can still adjust the radio volume and select favorite stations with the steering wheel buttons. If you clear the route you have entered and go back to free map mode, it may then let you switch modes while moving. Not sure about that, or what all the combinations are.

The Uconnect manual may have some clues, too. I haven't re-read it lately.

Users who are viewing this thread