5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 5.7 Etorque issues…

Dmvincent1

Reaction score
Okay this is a little much so bear with me…This all started with a three horn beep…while driving I got dash messages that traction control and 4WD was unavailable. Then a message saying service shifter. Then after that, the car horn beeps three times and the theft alarm goes off while I’m driving. I have to stop the truck, put it in park, shut it off and hit the unlock to get it to stop. Start it back up again and continue driving for a few miles until it did the same thing. The tone on the horn and the tone that it makes when it locks is now different. It’s a higher pitch. Like a clown car almost. Most recently I was driving and had very weak acceleration and under the hood it sounded like a jet engine. I changed out the 12V battery, the voltage was dropping while driving to 12.6 during this…but the horn is still high pitch though, it hasn’t done any of the other stuff yet. But I’ve only driven it again once… I’m pretty stumped and desperately need advice

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If in fact the problems were due to a bad battery then it will likely take several short drives, on/off cycles, etc to reset the entire system. Are you getting a higher charging voltage? If not, then have your alternator checked.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
If in fact the problems were due to a bad battery then it will likely take several short drives, on/off cycles, etc to reset the entire system. Are you getting a higher charging voltage? If not, then have your alternator checked.
He has an E-torque. No alternator.

Users who are viewing this thread