5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Y80 Recall no fix yet

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I was venting some frustration but I don’t see a need to start a whole thread about it and invite people to my pity party.
We can all fuel it and have a good time.

ShortStack

Reaction score
Went in yesterday to have the recall done. Took about twenty minutes to re-program the PROM in order for it to display a larger region when using the trailer backup camera. The normal tailgate camera is not what this corrects as some folks are stating.

Now I'm going to keep an eye on everything else to ensure the recall has not screwed up a different component.

Time will tell.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went in yesterday to have the recall done. Took about twenty minutes to re-program the PROM in order for it to display a larger region when using the trailer backup camera. The normal tailgate camera is not what this corrects as some folks are stating.

Now I'm going to keep an eye on everything else to ensure the recall has not screwed up a different component.

Time will tell.
This recall does fix the normal tailgate camera. The issue was that at times the camera wouldn't show up on the screen. That is a federal mandate on all vehicles now.

"The rear visibility system default to the rearview image being visible, and meet the requirements of FMVSS 571.111 S6.2.1 (field of view) and S6.2.2 (image size) at the beginning of each backing event, regardless of any modifications to the field of view that the driver had previously selected."

Per the recall notice.

ShortStack

Reaction score
Well my truck was outside the identified time window and I never once had an issue with the backup camera. Seems the recall keeps moving as the Service Manager showed me what RAM sent them which was "All 2021 1500 RAM rucks with a backup camera..." are impacted.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well my truck was outside the identified time window and I never once had an issue with the backup camera. Seems the recall keeps moving as the Service Manager showed me what RAM sent them which was "All 2021 1500 RAM rucks with a backup camera..." are impacted.
You have a 2021 1500, so you fall in the window. With that it also states "some vehicles above may have been identified How many times did you use the trailer back up control/option? It also states in the recall "may prevent review image from displaying under certain conditions." It's ok the camera system now is compliant per the feds

Users who are viewing this thread