5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ram 1500 quad 8.4 stock 6 speaker add amps

DKWIXSON

Reaction score
Upgraded the stock 6 speaker with new 6x9 and 3.5 in dash and new aftermarket amp. Had Terrible noise with direct ground to battery and to a seat post. Every time brakes applied, gear change or camera. Tried high level input, then a pac LOC. Same issues. There is a grounding stud drivers side rear under carpet. 13mm nut. Removed all noise and interference immediately. Apparently the factory uconnect is grounded somehow to this stud as well to
Prevent a ground loop. This should save someone the week of trial ant error I had.

I did put 4ohm resisters in dash to increase ohms to 8.
PAC loc 4 channel to a Fosgate 500x4 prime amp. Kicker ks 3.5 sound great in dash. Used mtx thunder in doors 6x9 they are just ok but fit Crutch Feild sends all the quick connects free and yea the dash are different than doors.

factory speakers are 2ohms in doors 6x9 and 8 ohms in dash 15 watt each per my multimeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online