5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Long Horn Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Replacement

Namwal

Reaction score
My ambient air temperature sensor was registering off the chart and then I had a check engine light come on. I took it to the dealer and they were going to charge me $1400 to replace the drivers side mirror where the sensor is located! My own research shows the removable panel on the mirror that gives you access to the sensor. I ordered a new sensor from MoPar for $14.00. Has anyone ever replaced their sensor or can you guide me to instructions for replacement on the 2021 Ram 1500? IMG-0830.jpg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So this is the outside air temp sensor?

Medic2595

Reaction score
Namwal.....Did this fix your problem? Just yesterday, my outside temperature was showing 111 degrees when I left work. It was actually 80 degrees outside. By the time I drove home (45 minutes), it was saying that it was 158 degrees outside! This morning, it was telling me that hit was 165 degrees outside! I'm thinking I may have to order one of these sensors and replace mine.

Medic2595

Reaction score
And now this morning....I an error message showing "Stop/Start Unavailable. Service Stop/Start System". What's this about?????

philodog

Reaction score
I broke the intake air sensor at the air box on my 2021 and got the expected P0113 code but I also got the Service Stop Start System symbol on my dash too. I'll know if they're related when I fix the sensor and will post back.

Users who are viewing this thread