5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ram 1500 limited Canada

Earlzie

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I ordered a 2021 ram 1500 limited. I was thrilled beyond anything about this truck. This is my first factory build truck. I ordered it March 24th and just recently got my VIN. It hasn’t been an enjoyable process. Here’s how it’s gone so far...

I spent weeks arguing with my salesman trying to get a build sheet to make sure he ordered what I wanted. He just kept saying he made sure it was perfect and he ordered everything I said. After weeks of trying to politely ask for a build sheet I finally said screw it and told them to give me my deposit back. Oddly enough I had a build sheet fairly quickly. Wouldn’t you know... he missed the technology package. After seeing this I asked him to get it put on the build ASAP. He said that he would call dodge first thing in the morning and straighten it out... the next day he said everything is fine and it will be on the truck. I said ok can I please get a build sheet showing that they made the correction. I gave it a few days and then asked again. I got the response “I can’t believe we are still on this!!”. I argued with him about that and he just kept saying it is on the truck and not to worry. I showed him that the price is lower than what it should be by the cost of the technology package. He then told me it’s part of the night edition package... this guy has made me angrier than I thought could be possible when buying a 100k truck. After weeks dealing with his bad service I called the manager and explained what was going on. The manager took a look at my build and added the technology package and tow package (which was another item he missed). He did this in about 30 seconds. I told him about his salesman and how horrible this process has been. I also said I did not want to deal with the salesman anymore because I have lost all respect for him and don’t trust a word he says. The manager spoke with the salesman and I got a half a$$ apology by text which he still claimed he wasn’t in the wrong so I didn’t even respond to the jacka$$.

Prior to talking to the manager, the salesman also told me they don’t receive any status updates until “s” status. I’ve looked up everywhere and can’t even find what the heck “s” status is. So needless to say I haven’t had status updates until I email and harass the manager. Which was 2 weeks ago when I emailed him asking if I have received a VIN yet. He gave me the VIN and said “things are looking good”. God knows what the heck that means...

Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I called fca and asked for my status update so that I don’t have to go through the dealership to find out how my truck is coming along. Apparently in Canada the only way is through your salesperson.
I get depressed even thinking of asking these people for information because they are so bad at it. I regret buying through them but some packages aren’t even available now because of shortages. If I were to cancel I wouldn’t get the same options. I keep watching the km’s climb on my truck I’m trading in and it’s driving me crazy... it’s like watching the dollar signs go down as well

anyone have any input on how to deal with this dealership?? This is a nightmare and any help would be appreciated.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like they couldn't care less about what you ordered. They know they'll sell the truck even if you decide not to buy it. I haven't ever had to deal with a sales rep like that, so I can't give you much in the way of help. Other than to say you might want to try another dealership. They're taking orders for 2022 models now, so you could always bail on the 2021 and order a 2022 from another dealership. They are offering a special 10 year anniversary package for the Limited on the 2022 models.

Earlzie

Reaction score
Sounds like they couldn't care less about what you ordered. They know they'll sell the truck even if you decide not to buy it. I haven't ever had to deal with a sales rep like that, so I can't give you much in the way of help. Other than to say you might want to try another dealership. They're taking orders for 2022 models now, so you could always bail on the 2021 and order a 2022 from another dealership. They are offering a special 10 year anniversary package for the Limited on the 2022 models.
Oh really? They haven’t released them in Canada yet but good to know. I just got a new job so I’m going to enjoy calling them to cancel tomorrow haha. I can’t seem to find the anniversary edition on google. Do you have a link?

Swampy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I ordered a 2021 ram 1500 limited. I was thrilled beyond anything about this truck. This is my first factory build truck. I ordered it March 24th and just recently got my VIN. It hasn’t been an enjoyable process. Here’s how it’s gone so far...

I spent weeks arguing with my salesman trying to get a build sheet to make sure he ordered what I wanted. He just kept saying he made sure it was perfect and he ordered everything I said. After weeks of trying to politely ask for a build sheet I finally said screw it and told them to give me my deposit back. Oddly enough I had a build sheet fairly quickly. Wouldn’t you know... he missed the technology package. After seeing this I asked him to get it put on the build ASAP. He said that he would call dodge first thing in the morning and straighten it out... the next day he said everything is fine and it will be on the truck. I said ok can I please get a build sheet showing that they made the correction. I gave it a few days and then asked again. I got the response “I can’t believe we are still on this!!”. I argued with him about that and he just kept saying it is on the truck and not to worry. I showed him that the price is lower than what it should be by the cost of the technology package. He then told me it’s part of the night edition package... this guy has made me angrier than I thought could be possible when buying a 100k truck. After weeks dealing with his bad service I called the manager and explained what was going on. The manager took a look at my build and added the technology package and tow package (which was another item he missed). He did this in about 30 seconds. I told him about his salesman and how horrible this process has been. I also said I did not want to deal with the salesman anymore because I have lost all respect for him and don’t trust a word he says. The manager spoke with the salesman and I got a half a$$ apology by text which he still claimed he wasn’t in the wrong so I didn’t even respond to the jacka$$.

Prior to talking to the manager, the salesman also told me they don’t receive any status updates until “s” status. I’ve looked up everywhere and can’t even find what the heck “s” status is. So needless to say I haven’t had status updates until I email and harass the manager. Which was 2 weeks ago when I emailed him asking if I have received a VIN yet. He gave me the VIN and said “things are looking good”. God knows what the heck that means...

Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I called fca and asked for my status update so that I don’t have to go through the dealership to find out how my truck is coming along. Apparently in Canada the only way is through your salesperson.
I get depressed even thinking of asking these people for information because they are so bad at it. I regret buying through them but some packages aren’t even available now because of shortages. If I were to cancel I wouldn’t get the same options. I keep watching the km’s climb on my truck I’m trading in and it’s driving me crazy... it’s like watching the dollar signs go down as well

anyone have any input on how to deal with this dealership?? This is a nightmare and any help would be appreciated.

If you have the vin and order number from the build sheet you can call fca direct and get updates, that’s the road I took because my salesman was about as useful as **** on a warthog as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Oh really? They haven’t released them in Canada yet but good to know. I just got a new job so I’m going to enjoy calling them to cancel tomorrow haha. I can’t seem to find the anniversary edition on google. Do you have a link?
Sure, I have a link. It's currently on the home page of 5thgenrams.com...

Earlzie

Reaction score
If you have the vin and order number from the build sheet you can call fca direct and get updates, that’s the road I took because my salesman was about as useful as **** on a warthog as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried to do that but for some reason in Canada only the dealership can get that information. At least that’s what the lady on the phone said. Doesn’t make sense since it’s going to be my truck, which I specifically ordered to my liking.

Earlzie

Reaction score
**Update**
Dealership let the crappy salesman go. Now the sales manager is handling my deal. Also, truck is in “D” status!! No build date set though.

Earlzie

Reaction score
Well… waited 4 months. Truck showed up at the dealership and they didn’t build it with the technology package. They didn’t even alert the dealership they weren’t doing it. What a crappy experience

HeavyMetalHauler

Reaction score
Well… waited 4 months. Truck showed up at the dealership and they didn’t build it with the technology package. They didn’t even alert the dealership they weren’t doing it. What a crappy experience

Does this happen to be a certain volume dealer in Ontario? If so… not that it helps but you’re not alone in your experience. Just wondering :)

Sorry about the **** you had to deal with. Unacceptable.

Earlzie

Reaction score
Does this happen to be a certain volume dealer in Ontario? If so… not that it helps but you’re not alone in your experience. Just wondering :)

Sorry about the **** you had to deal with. Unacceptable.
Yes a very large dealer in Mississauga. Not sure what to do now

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online