5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Key Fob buttons unresponsive - proximity feature still works

Rocket

Reaction score
Hello everyone, starting this morning, I noticed that the truck is not responding to button pushes (lock, unlock, remote start, etc.) from either of my key fobs. Interestingly, the proximity key feature still works to lock, unlock doors, and to start the truck. Any one else run into this before? The batteries on the fobs are fresh, so it’s not that. I have an appointment with the dealer next week to get it checked out but if it’s something simple, I’d rather not go the dealer route.
The truck is a 2021 1500 Limited.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone, starting this morning, I noticed that the truck is not responding to button pushes (lock, unlock, remote start, etc.) from either of my key fobs. Interestingly, the proximity key feature still works to lock, unlock doors, and to start the truck. Any one else run into this before? The batteries on the fobs are fresh, so it’s not that. I have an appointment with the dealer next week to get it checked out but if it’s something simple, I’d rather not go the dealer route.
Has it rained recently? Could be a leak that got down in the back and shorted out the module back there.

Rocket

Reaction score
Has it rained recently? Could be a leak that got down in the back and shorted out the module back there.
YES! It has been raining. I guess I might be joining the leaky truck club. Thanks for your response.

sethram21

Reaction score
I have the same problems. I lost my remote function yesterday (Feb. 6, 2024). I stopped by the dealer yesterday and the service advisor recommended changing a battery. I changed the battery but it still does not have remote functions.

Users who are viewing this thread