5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ram 1500 big horn power tailgate release

Julio13

Reaction score
I just bought an oem key fob with the power tailgate release button I’ve read that dealer programs fob and tailgate release would work now do they do something else or can I just have a locksmith program key and it’ll work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I've read on here, as soon as the fob is programmed the tailgate release should work. I'm sure someone who's actually done it will chime in.

Julio13

Reaction score
That will be great since I already spoke to locksmith he would do it tomorrow but if dealer has to activate it then I guess I would have to go to dealer hoping I wouldn’t have to if anyone has had it work with a locksmith would appreciate the help

Julio13

Reaction score
I’ve read it also but everything I see is dealer

deepblue27

Reaction score
I have been researching this too.... From what I see, you need the tailgate damper (82215550AB) if you don't already have one. It's located underneath the drivers side tail light assembly. I ordered one then found I already had one under the light (need to return)... Then the pair of new FOBs (82216123AA) that need to be programmed or activated. Here are the instructions provided.

Attachments

• SCN_0036.pdf
    859.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread