5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Dash, ordered early, wish I hadn't

Ages

Reaction score
I ordered my 2021 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 4x4 at the very beginning of September. I researched everything I could before submitting my order. I'm a bit miffed to steamed about the difference between what I ordered and what has been shipped. I ordered the interior of my vehicle in Black, Light Mountain Brown. If you look at that same terminology "Black, Light Mountain Brown" for the 2019 and 2020 Big Horn you will see that "Black, Light Mountain Brown" means you get a camel color interior with a camel color with black dash. Well my 2021 Ram 1500 arrived at my dealer yesterday and the dash was solid black, no camel color on the dash whatsoever. The imagery below reflects the difference. Why didn't Ram change the terminology in the 2021 to reflect that the dash would be "totally black" and not "camel colored" as it has been in the past. They used the same exact terminology for two different color schemes. Like I said, I ordered it in September of 2020 but had I known that it would come with a black dash I would have ordered a Laramie or even a Longhorn so I would get the lighter colored dash that I wanted.

Attachments

• 2020_ram_1500_blmb.jpg
    2020_ram_1500_blmb.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 2021_ram_1500_blmb.jpg
    2021_ram_1500_blmb.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2020_ram_1500_blmb_w_int_info.jpg
    2020_ram_1500_blmb_w_int_info.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 2021_ram_1500_blmb_w_int_info.jpg
    2021_ram_1500_blmb_w_int_info.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 150

Ollie

Reaction score
Will they exchange for something else to your preference.

Ages

Reaction score
Will they exchange for something else to your preference.
I would have to re-order. Either that or buy a camel color dash mat and learn to live with it. Just ticks me off that they would use the same terminology and change the color of the dash to solely black without putting that out. I certainly can't be the only one who ordered a 2021 early and got this surprise. :rolleyes:

Ram Dude

Reaction score
I would have to re-order. Either that or buy a camel color dash mat and learn to live with it. Just ticks me off that they would use the same terminology and change the color of the dash to solely black without putting that out. I certainly can't be the only one who ordered a 2021 early and got this surprise. :rolleyes:

Know the misinformation is disappointing but I actually like that look (black dash with Carmel seats). Luxury car makers (eg BMW, Lexus, etc) do this.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually like the black dash. Keep in mind you are not obligated to take the truck. I have ordered all my vehicles and have always made clear that if something was not satisfactory, I will not take it. Dealers can simply put it on the lot. If you don’t like it, make them add it to stock and order what you want.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks when you think you got all your bases covered after countless hours of research and bang. Trust me I understand and been in same spot. They can always reorder which waiting all over sucks. Depending on how you speced they may be able to locate as dealer supply is better now. As others have stated above IMO the black looks better but I may be impartial since I have black.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it actually say that on the factory invoice? Or is it a miss from the dealer. Most of these sales guys know way less that we think about specifics.

Users who are viewing this thread