5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn Auto Headlights Don't Turn Off During the Day

budgy10

Reaction score
I purchased my 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn with the level 2 equipment package in March 2021, and off the lot the headlights do not automatically turn off during the day.
I immediately brought it back to the dealer who spent a day determining that all the hardware works without any issues. I was told this must be a software issue and that engineering would be working on a solution.
5 months later I still don't have a resolution and am still being told that engineering is working on a solution. Anyone else have this issue?

Agostino

Reaction score
I purchased my 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn with the level 2 equipment package in March 2021, and off the lot the headlights do not automatically turn off during the day.
I immediately brought it back to the dealer who spent a day determining that all the hardware works without any issues. I was told this must be a software issue and that engineering would be working on a solution.
5 months later I still don't have a resolution and am still being told that engineering is working on a solution. Anyone else have this issue?

Do you have daytime running lights on? I know my truck looks like the headlights are on but it’s just a setting for daytime running lights.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
On my 2020 there was a setting in the U connect screen for vehicle lighting settings whether or not you wanted the headlights on with DRL during the daytime you could toggle on or off

budgy10

Reaction score
Do you have daytime running lights on? I know my truck looks like the headlights are on but it’s just a setting for daytime running lights.
That was the first question the dealer asked me. All the light are on, not just the headlights (tailights, dash goes dim, etc.). Customer service told me it is an issue they are working on.

budgy10

Reaction score
On my 2020 there was a setting in the U connect screen for vehicle lighting settings whether or not you wanted the headlights on with DRL during the daytime you could toggle on or off
All the lights are on, including the tail lights, and the dash lighting is dim. Customer service told me it is a know issue they are working on.

Users who are viewing this thread