5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Mopar 2in lift install

tddabus36

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 ( new body style) crew cab bighorn 4x4. I am getting the Mopar 2in lift installed soon. My rims are the blackout 20x9. How large of tires can I install using the stock rims after the lift kit install?
Thanks

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 ( new body style) crew cab bighorn 4x4. I am getting the Mopar 2in lift installed soon. My rims are the blackout 20x9. How large of tires can I install using the stock rims after the lift kit install?
Thanks
35" x 12.5" is the largest. You might get the slightest rub in reverse at full lock. If so, you zip tie the fender well liner back a little or use a heat gun and slightly reshape it. Or just ignore it, it's really not a big deal. If you go with 35" x 11.5" you should have no risk of any rub at all

tddabus36

Reaction score
Ok I am back. Just had the mopar 2in factory lift installed on my 2021 Ram 1500.
35" x 12.5" is the largest. You might get the slightest rub in reverse at full lock. If so, you zip tie the fender well liner back a little or use a heat gun and slightly reshape it. Or just ignore it, it's really not a big deal. If you go with 35" x 11.5" you should have no risk of any rub at all
Just had the Mopar factory lift installed today at dealer. American trucks had figured -18 offset rims to go with the 35x12.5x20 tires, and dealer couldn't install tires and rims as the rubbed hard with the steering wheel at half a turn. Any ideas what to try as I will be hearing back from American trucks in the am. Thanks in advance

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I am back. Just had the mopar 2in factory lift installed on my 2021 Ram 1500.

Just had the Mopar factory lift installed today at dealer. American trucks had figured -18 offset rims to go with the 35x12.5x20 tires, and dealer couldn't install tires and rims as the rubbed hard with the steering wheel at half a turn. Any ideas what to try as I will be hearing back from American trucks in the am. Thanks in advance
My setup had factory wheels with 35 x 12.5. I’m not sure about that specific offset. I know a lot of members are running the Mopar lift with that tire size.

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpeg
    IMG_0559.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 15

tddabus36

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Got the tires on yesterday and had to zip ties fender liner in front and back of front wheel well to stop the rubbing. And take off the factory mud flap. It's been a nightmare dealing with American Trucks. Sent the wrong lug nuts so couldn't install wheel center caps yet.

Users who are viewing this thread