5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Quality questions before leasing

nlicalsi91

Reaction score
I was on here in December of 2018, I was going to trade in my 2015 Wrangler for a Laramie but the day I went to pick up the truck I checked for water leaks and discovered a puddle of water under the driver's side carpet. I went through NY State Lemon Law with Ford in 2018 for the same thing and after reading of water leak issues on this forum, I had to check before taking delivery.

Since I had backed away from the deal, I still have my Jeep but now have a family with a 3 week old baby and the Wrangler just isn't going to cut it. I am looking back into leasing once again but wanted to know if the water leak issues (windshield, a pillar, pinch seams) are still around, or have they been addressed for the 2021 model year?

Thanks!

Nelson

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was on here in December of 2018, I was going to trade in my 2015 Wrangler for a Laramie but the day I went to pick up the truck I checked for water leaks and discovered a puddle of water under the driver's side carpet. I went through NY State Lemon Law with Ford in 2018 for the same thing and after reading of water leak issues on this forum, I had to check before taking delivery.

Since I had backed away from the deal, I still have my Jeep but now have a family with a 3 week old baby and the Wrangler just isn't going to cut it. I am looking back into leasing once again but wanted to know if the water leak issues (windshield, a pillar, pinch seams) are still around, or have they been addressed for the 2021 model year?

Thanks!

Nelson
I haven’t heard about any leaks with the newer ones ( newer meaning half way through 2020 )

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The main cause of water leaks seems to have migrated to the CHMSL and rear window frame. It wouldn't stop me from buying again, but I definitely keep an eye on that area for signs of water. So far so good on both my 2020's. Not much talk about pinch welds anymore so I think you are safe from that one.

nlicalsi91

Reaction score
Thank you! I’m going Saturday to look at a few. I still have my eyes on Delmonico red

Users who are viewing this thread