5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Orders Open.

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
I couldn't find a Limited equipped as I want so I inquired to a dealership I was working with about ordering one. The salesman got right back to me and said not only was ordering 2020's closed but ordering a 2021 was open since July 13.
So I placed an order for a 2021 1500 Limited. All the salesman could say is that 2021 production is supposed to start the last week of August but that "Sold" orders from a customer get bumped up to the front of the line. He said if things move as expected delivery should be 1st. week of October. (the dealer is 35 miles from the Plant.)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't find a Limited equipped as I want so I inquired to a dealership I was working with about ordering one. The salesman got right back to me and said not only was ordering 2020's closed but ordering a 2021 was open since July 13.
So I placed an order for a 2021 1500 Limited. All the salesman could say is that 2021 production is supposed to start the last week of August but that "Sold" orders from a customer get bumped up to the front of the line. He said if things move as expected delivery should be 1st. week of October. (the dealer is 35 miles from the Plant.)
Did you capture a list of new available options, if any?

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
No, I did it over the phone as i am 2 & 1/4 hours away from them and everything i wanted on the 2020 was available on the 2021. I did add the "new" trailer tow group as I saw on that post here linking a video with the new groups. I wanted the "trailer backup assist" and since they took the tow mirrors out of the group you can keep the power folding mirrors and get the tow group. The power folding tow mirrors (From the 2500) are a separate option. One BIG thing of note is the price of the Hemi eTorque dropped to only $200.00 over the base 3.6L eTorque. Who knows why but it seems when I was looking most of the Hemi's I found were the regular and not the eTorque so maybe they are drumming up interest.

MrB

Reaction score
One BIG thing of note is the price of the Hemi eTorque dropped to only $200.00 over the base 3.6L eTorque.
5.7 w/eTorque is $200 more than 3.6L? or did you mean $200 more than 5.7 w/o eTorque (same price difference as 2020 model)

McBroom

Reaction score
Thats awesome!!! Are there any significant changes to the 21's?
Did you order the panoramic sunroof?
Any options that you left off the truck?
So many questions...

Black 20 Ram

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We’ve been covering the 2021 changes in the thread linked below.

Last edited:

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
5.7 w/eTorque is $200 more than 3.6L? or did you mean $200 more than 5.7 w/o eTorque (same price difference as 2020 model)
Nope! saw the order sheet only $200 MSRP & $184 Invoice

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I had not planned on ordering a 2021 model when I went into my Ram dealer two weeks ago, but I ended up ordering a 2021 Ram Laramie Longhorn because I could not find a 2020 that had everything I wanted, and for the money I will be paying, I want it to have all the items on my wishlist. I don't know if the salesperson was supposed to share the Priced Order Confirmation sheet with me, but she did, and the one thing that caught my eye was the Sales Code AZ1, 10th Anniversary Limited Longhorn Edition, for $1220. Unfortunately, the dealer either does not know what is included in the 10th Anniversary edition, or he cannot talk about it since Ram isn't advertising the 10th Anniversary editions yet. Either way, I am super excited to get my new Longhorn, but super bummed that it probably won't arrive until October.

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Thought about the Longhorn, my good friend has one, but the Indigo Blue / Frost Seats just blew me away. Also intended to get Patriot Blue exterior and didnt think the Black / Saddle would look good with that. I'm a little glad I am not the only one waiting. :):)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thought about the Longhorn, my good friend has one, but the Indigo Blue / Frost Seats just blew me away. Also intended to get Patriot Blue exterior and didnt think the Black / Saddle would look good with that. I'm a little glad I am not the only one waiting. :):)
Honestly, I think black/saddle would look beautiful with Patriot Blue. If I hadn’t seen Delmonico Red in the sunlight, I may have gone that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/