5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 misfiring... any solutions?

tomfentress

Reaction score
Good morning,

My 2021 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi has had an intermittent misfire since July 3rd, 2023. I have 44k miles on it. It is not my daily commute vehicle. I drive it on the weeknights and weekends.

The first time was the 6th cylinder. Sent to the dealer and found 10 misfires in a 600 revolution. Swapped coil from cylinder 6 to cylinder 4 stayed on 6th cylinder but only 5 misfires in a 600 count. Test drove it... and no more misfiring.

Happened again on 9/18 this time it was a different cylinder and found failure in 2 spark plugs and fuel injector that both required replacement the issue was fixed.

3rd time it misfires was last Friday. Cylinder 2 now misfires and cleared up the day later no need to send to the shop.

4th time for misfiring was last night. Now misfire is on cylinder 3. Has not cleared up yet. Planning on taking it to the shop in the morning. Has anyone had this problem and if so, what was your fix?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine counts misfires sometimes too. May be because I run 87 octane, but not sure. As long as it runs good and there’s no CEL I’m not worried about it.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning,

My 2021 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi has had an intermittent misfire since July 3rd, 2023. I have 44k miles on it. It is not my daily commute vehicle. I drive it on the weeknights and weekends.

The first time was the 6th cylinder. Sent to the dealer and found 10 misfires in a 600 revolution. Swapped coil from cylinder 6 to cylinder 4 stayed on 6th cylinder but only 5 misfires in a 600 count. Test drove it... and no more misfiring.

Happened again on 9/18 this time it was a different cylinder and found failure in 2 spark plugs and fuel injector that both required replacement the issue was fixed.

3rd time it misfires was last Friday. Cylinder 2 now misfires and cleared up the day later no need to send to the shop.

4th time for misfiring was last night. Now misfire is on cylinder 3. Has not cleared up yet. Planning on taking it to the shop in the morning. Has anyone had this problem and if so, what was your fix?
Experienced misfire p0306 a while back, ran couple tank full's with Lucas injector cleaner, knock on wood but good so far.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a misfire on cylinder 3 two years ago. ended up cracking the cylinder head. it was a nightmare dealing with fca. They were horrible. My truck sat at the dealership for 9 weeks. My point here is anyone who experiences misfires should also check the cylinder head.

Users who are viewing this thread