5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Longhorn Options ??

tjsadler

Reaction score
I'm looking to order one in the next week or so. I'm trying to decipher the interior with and without the "10th Anniversary" package. For the seats, without that package it offers "Black/New Saddle leather trimmed seats" with the 10th Ann. package it says "Black/New Saddle Premium Leather Seats". No one seems to know if they're actually different. I'd prefer not to have the big 10th Anniversary badging everywhere but if the seats are leather vs leather trimmed then it's probably worth it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to order one in the next week or so. I'm trying to decipher the interior with and without the "10th Anniversary" package. For the seats, without that package it offers "Black/New Saddle leather trimmed seats" with the 10th Ann. package it says "Black/New Saddle Premium Leather Seats". No one seems to know if they're actually different. I'd prefer not to have the big 10th Anniversary badging everywhere but if the seats are leather vs leather trimmed then it's probably worth it.
I am curious about this too.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I always thought the Longhorn and Limiteds had the premium leather seats already and the lower models had the leather trimmed unless that’s changed for 2021 .

brewdad

Reaction score
I just left the Ram build & price website to double check this; the 10th Anniversary Longhorn option gets you Mountain Brown seats and interior, not black/new saddle. This is why my Longhorn build will not include the 10th Anniversary option because I prefer the black/new saddle interior. On your build, after selecting the 10th Anniversary option, click on the picture of the interior and check out the Mountain Brown interior.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I just left the Ram build & price website to double check this; the 10th Anniversary Longhorn option gets you Mountain Brown seats and interior, not black/new saddle. This is why my Longhorn build will not include the 10th Anniversary option because I prefer the black/new saddle interior. On your build, after selecting the 10th Anniversary option, click on the picture of the interior and check out the Mountain Brown interior.
Brewdad:

What is the difference between the "leather trimmed" seats and the "premium leather" seats on the 2021 Longhorn? Thanks.

brewdad

Reaction score
I am guessing leather trimmed includes some vinyl and premium means leather all around; or premium could just mean a more upscale type leather.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 5th-gen Longhorn and Limited models have only been offered with full (premium) leather, unless something has changed for MY 2021.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm always wary when they change the wording like that. The change from "leather" to "leather trimmed" tells me they changed something in the seat cover construction. You're right to be concerned if you want full leather seats.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always wary when they change the wording like that. The change from "leather" to "leather trimmed" tells me they changed something in the seat cover construction. You're right to be concerned if you want full leather seats.
Agreed...I'd definitely compare a 2020 with a 2021 if I saw that.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 5th-gen Longhorn and Limited models have only been offered with full (premium) leather, unless something has changed for MY 2021.

As I stated in the other thread, unless I misunderstand what you're saying, I disagree with you on this. Mine is a Limited, and this is from my build sheet.
1606887684954.png

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I stated in the other thread, unless I misunderstand what you're saying, I disagree with you on this. Mine is a Limited, and this is from my build sheet.
View attachment 75463
Ah, fair enough! There’ve been so many leather threads...the bottom line is that the seats in the Limited and Longhorn use a full-grain leather that is noticeably superior to other trims—yet, as you point out, possibly not on all surfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/