5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Limited on Order Bye Chevy

Limited2021

Reaction score
Went in to the dealer to trade my 2017 Chevy for an AT4 but they could not get me one for several months. Decided to check out the Denali they had sitting on the showroom floor. Yeah it was nice but while I was waiting for my salesman to come back I jumped in a Ram Limited they also had sitting on the floor. I liked the interior and the seats were very comfy but wasn't quite sold on it yet. Salesman said take it for a test drive so they rolled it out the doors and down the highway I went. Came back and said get me one coming so now its a waiting game. That truck had a great ride, more features and was cheaper than the GMC Denali. I think I'm going to like my decision.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good decision and welcome to the waiting game...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We have had Chevys and Ford for years, this is my first RAM and I love it. Had it for two years with no issues, congrats!

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’ll definitely like it. I have to say though if I was to switch the AT4 is the truck I’d want with the 6.2 liter

Limited2021

Reaction score
You’ll definitely like it. I have to say though if I was to switch the AT4 is the truck I’d want with the 6.2 liter
I was set on that exactly but they were looking at 6-8 months to get one and I wasn't wanting to wait that long.

CMil527

Reaction score
Returned my Yukon XL off lease a few months back for a comparably equipped and similar $70,000 MSRP Sierra Denali they wanted over $165 extra per month than my RAM... obviously i told em to go scratch!

Last edited:

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went in to the dealer to trade my 2017 Chevy for an AT4 but they could not get me one for several months. Decided to check out the Denali they had sitting on the showroom floor. Yeah it was nice but while I was waiting for my salesman to come back I jumped in a Ram Limited they also had sitting on the floor. I liked the interior and the seats were very comfy but wasn't quite sold on it yet. Salesman said take it for a test drive so they rolled it out the doors and down the highway I went. Came back and said get me one coming so now its a waiting game. That truck had a great ride, more features and was cheaper than the GMC Denali. I think I'm going to like my decision.
I was a Chevy Silverado guy for years, however the interior and that 5.3 just don’t cut it anymore. I bought a 19 ram with major issues, fell under lemon law. Had a 2021 Laramie sport built, only has 260 miles so too early to tell yet. With these new ram you get the most for your money! I loved my 19 and my 21 but the issues are endless and many have no fix! It’s too bad, because this should be the best truck out there. Good luck with yours and enjoy👍🏻

Kibro2

Reaction score
Welcome from another GM guy that made the switch. I traded my 18 GMC Sierra Denali on my 2020 Ram with similar story to yours. Was looking to trade on AT4 but test drive the RAM and was sold for the reasons you mentioned. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the only thing the GM trucks have going for them right now is their gas mileage. The Rebel is rated up to 21mpg highway, but I think everyone is around 15mpg at best. I saw a video last week where the AT4 was getting actual calculated mileage of 20-21. My 2018 F150 XLT 4x4 was already rated at 21 highway and I couldn't get better than 15 with it. I would get 18 with my 2006 Silverado Z71 with off road tires, but not this Rebel or the F150.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah, GM has some sort of magic sauce where they get good mpg with their V8s, I'm thinking the tuning and gear ratios. The fact that they can get that high mpg with an AT4 off-road package is impressive.

The Rebel has 3.92 and 33" tires, if I got 15 mpg I would be dancing in the streets. I average 13 mpg mixed, though if I did only highway, I could get maybe 17 mpg.

Limited2021

Reaction score
I think the only thing the GM trucks have going for them right now is their gas mileage. The Rebel is rated up to 21mpg highway, but I think everyone is around 15mpg at best. I saw a video last week where the AT4 was getting actual calculated mileage of 20-21. My 2018 F150 XLT 4x4 was already rated at 21 highway and I couldn't get better than 15 with it. I would get 18 with my 2006 Silverado Z71 with off road tires, but not this Rebel or the F150.
I would agree. I am getting 18-19 with my 5.3 and everyone I talked to said the 6.2L would get that as well with more power. The dealer told me that I should be able to see 18 with the Etorque. Reading threw the forums I'm not so confident with that but I really liked the truck and only plan on keeping it for 2 years then trading again so if it doesn't work out I'll just go back to GM. I bet GM will have stepped there interior game by then but who knows... Technology and motors are always changing I can only imagine the options we will have to choose from in 2 more years.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I would agree. I am getting 18-19 with my 5.3 and everyone I talked to said the 6.2L would get that as well with more power. The dealer told me that I should be able to see 18 with the Etorque. Reading threw the forums I'm not so confident with that but I really liked the truck and only plan on keeping it for 2 years then trading again so if it doesn't work out I'll just go back to GM. I bet GM will have stepped there interior game by then but who knows... Technology and motors are always changing I can only imagine the options we will have to choose from in 2 more years.

GM is doing a mid-cycle refresh on the 2022 Silverados/Sierras, besides and front & rear exterior changes, they are doing a major interior revamp to something similar to the new Tahoes. Essentially, they are fixing their only weak spot, the interior.

2022 could be the year of the Silverado.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Enjoy the waiting period - it truly sucks! At least it did for me, I was very impatient. Hoping your truck shows up sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread