5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 limited lift options and tires.

Macmann

Reaction score
I just got a 2021 limited eco diesel. I’m interested in leveling the truck out with links. What is the best option for tires on my stock 22 inch rims? I love the ride quality currently with the stock tires. I would like to try to avoid road noise. Should I stick with 33 inch tires instead of 35?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are currently on all-season passenger tires …. Anything 35” is going to be an LT E load, and you will lose some ride quality … 35’s belong under a lifted truck, not stuffed under a leveled truck …. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I would stick with a 33" tall tire, but you could move into an All Terrain. Won't be as loud or rough as a mud tire

Macmann

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Looks like I’ll stick with 33’s. What’s a good quiet quality tire?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Looks like I’ll stick with 33’s. What’s a good quiet quality tire?

Michelin LTX …. Nothin better out there for what you’re lookin for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmoremd21053

Reaction score
I am looking to go 33s as well, let me know what you go with. Having trouble nailing down a tire.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to go 33s as well, let me know what you go with. Having trouble nailing down a tire.

This is like asking for everyone's favorite color. You're going to get a lot of different answers, none of them necessarily wrong, so be prepared. :)

Are you looking for aggressive looks; do you want performance in snow, mud, or sand; do you want on road manners? Some combination?

Best mud tires are horrible in snow, rain, on-road, etc. and noisy on road.
Best snow/ice tires are horrible in mud, sand, etc., and wear quickly in dry, regular conditions.
Best on-road/MPG tires are horrible in mud, sand, snow, etc.
All terrains are a compromise to try to cover as many of the above situations as possible. Some work better than others, depending on what order you prioritize the above situations.

Klicht87

Reaction score
You should just look through the threads, instead of a new one that's most likely been answered already.

azram520

Reaction score
Hey - I was researching a lot and ended up going with Toyo 33 x 12.5. Love them, the road noise is very minimal and ride quality is noticeably better. No lift, no rubbing.

Here is a thread that help me decide:

Here is a few shots of my limited.

Attachments

• IMG-2429.jpg
    IMG-2429.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-2381.JPG
    IMG-2381.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread