5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Limited Bed Cover

Rancho

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
I just purchased a 2012 Ram Limited! This is my first Ram. I’m truly happy with it. It came with a factory tonneau cover, which I do not like. My bed also had the utility rails on the inside. I’m looking at getting the Retrax Pro MX bed cover but I’m not sure that the bed rails will interfere with the canister that hands in the bed https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/. I actually called Retrax and they were unaware that Ram was installing the bed rails in to 2021 models. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited:

mtehonica

Reaction score
Should work fine - this guy did an install video and didn’t have any serious issues -

Shorty1315

Reaction score
I have a '21 Limited with a retrax pro and the bed rails, no issues at all. If you have MFT be sure to get the brackets from Right On Bracket though.

Yabodie

Reaction score
I have a 2021 limited with RamBoxes and a MFT, I do not see any bracket that would need to be changed out. Where is this bracket?

thewdb

Reaction score
I have a 2021 limited with RamBoxes and a MFT, I do not see any bracket that would need to be changed out. Where is this bracket?

I believe they’re at the front of the bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techna

Reaction score
When I bought my Pace Edwards Ultragroove Metal it was because I wanted to be able to continue taking advantage of the fact that the proximity entry allows access without having to remove the fob from my pocket. Since the latch for the cover is on the underside, locking it up is accomplished be just closing the tailgate if the truck’s doors are already locked, and hitting the button on the door handle if not. Pace Edwards and Truck Covers USA were the only ones I considered since Bak’s retractable cover seemed to have issues. That functionality might not be a big deal for some, but it was so important to me that I spent a great deal of time getting my Leer topper to work that way when replaced the PE cover with it. I have zero complaints.
I don’t have the BUG, but I’m sure that the clamps would not have hit the rails.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MFTs with RamBox don’t have the bracket that interferes...

photo shows the bracket on MFT w/o RamBox...

Attachments

• F5CA24FF-CE2F-462D-ABD9-1B74E77D32BB.jpeg
    F5CA24FF-CE2F-462D-ABD9-1B74E77D32BB.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread