5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 LED Third Brake Light

AutoTerry

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited and love the look of the 2021 LED 3rd Brake Light. I am curious if anyone knows if it will fit the 2020. I am sure the opening is the same size, but not sure of the screw holes and wire connection. I know the camera in the light will do me no good as I do not have the wiring and the rearview mirror to make that option work. I just love the look. Seen one the other night and just looks so much better than mine. Please chime in and thanks.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited and love the look of the 2021 LED 3rd Brake Light. I am curious if anyone knows if it will fit the 2020. I am sure the opening is the same size, but not sure of the screw holes and wire connection. I know the camera in the light will do me no good as I do not have the wiring and the rearview mirror to make that option work. I just love the look. Seen one the other night and just looks so much better than mine. Please chime in and thanks.
Pretty sure everything fits and works , besides the option for the camera as you mentioned .

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will work as you said except for the camera - Looks good

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I assume you added it to your truck. What year do you have and thanks
It's plug and play on 2019-2021 Rams. Have it on my 2019 and there have been others that have posted with it on their 2020 model. So far though the tech package mirror that hooks up to it only works on 2021 models.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 57

A-A-RonMD

Reaction score
How does one get the wiring for the camera? Is it even possible after the truck has been assembled? I guess same with the power folding side mirrors with the cameras to add the 360 view?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
How does one get the wiring for the camera? Is it even possible after the truck has been assembled? I guess same with the power folding side mirrors with the cameras to add the 360 view?
There is a link back at post #3 that explains everything.

Users who are viewing this thread