5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Laramie Level 1 vs Level 2

HDub

Reaction score
On the 2021 Laramies, the main difference I'm finding in research is the 19 Speakers Audio upgrade & the rear seat heaters.

Most of the window stickers I'm seeing there's ~$2k difference. Are there other major diffs?

What about the 360º Camera? Is that included in the level 2 and NOT the level 1?

Appreciate the insight provided, here.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
360º is available in the Advanced Safety Group and or Laramie Level 2.
A lot of Options are not available anymore because of the Chip Shortage.
Including, Blind Spot Monitoring, Power Folding Tow Mirrors, Ram Boxes,
Advanced Safety Group, etc

I am glad I ordered mine back at the end of Sept. Got everything I was looking to get.

Malodave

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 360 degree camera (Ram calls it Surround-View Camera) is part of the Advanced Safety Group, as Malodave stated. It is not included with Level 1 or Level 2 equipment groups, but the Level 2 is required before you can get the Advanced Safety Group.

The only thing that Level 2 includes (that Level 1 does not) that you missed in your list appears to be the Navigation feature for the 8.4 radio/screen, as far as I can tell.

Also as Malodave stated, a few (or more) features are currently unavailable due to the computer chip shortages.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Level 2 is a scam because it costs a lot and adds next to nothing (HK system is garbage—do a search).

luckily, they did drop the price for 2021....it used to be almost 5,000!

But I still bought it. Why? Because I wanted the Advanced Safety Group. Wasn’t about to buy a 60k vehicle without basic features like radar cruise that are standard on a 15k Kia.

Sucks, but maybe 2022 will be better.

Boston

Reaction score
F150 auto cruise is $750 now...

Price war time!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the 2021 Laramies, the main difference I'm finding in research is the 19 Speakers Audio upgrade & the rear seat heaters.

Most of the window stickers I'm seeing there's ~$2k difference. Are there other major diffs?

What about the 360º Camera? Is that included in the level 2 and NOT the level 1?

Appreciate the insight provided, here.
I love the 360 camera, that’s the only reason I had to go with level 2😩

slatersan

Reaction score
Why would the chip shortage make ramboxes unavailable? I hadn't seen that yet.

doolin64

Reaction score
I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I like my HK system. I wanted advanced saftey for the adaptive cruise and the heated rear seats to spoil the kids.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I like my HK system. I wanted advanced saftey for the adaptive cruise and the heated rear seats to spoil the kids.
I do love the stereo and yes my kids told me I had to have heated rear seats!

KCViper

Reaction score
I wanted the night package, so had to add Lvl 2!! I like what comes with Lvl 2 but not worth almost $4k!!

ZWilson07

Reaction score
If you’re gonna spend the money on a laramie or higher, I say get the level 2. We replaced our 16 Lincoln MKX so the wife wanted “similar” options like heated rear seats and 360 camera. I didnt have 360 on my 16 F150 KR and I really missed it after getting used to having it. Especially being leveled on 35s.

The heads up display is pretty cool too.

As regards to chip shortage issues, if i couldnt get power folded mirrors, 360, BSM, etc I wouldnt even buy one. I’d just wait but thats just me. Truthfully I shouldve got a big horn with options and saved a lot while still having a nice truck but while I actually like cloth better, wife was liking “leather” from the mkx so the laramie it was even though I wouldnt say the seats are a big step up. Also wanted the 22s, power running boards, and air ride so bighorn was a no go. First world problems I know.

Last edited:

Rexx

Reaction score
Looking at the Canadian Ram website it’s a 1500$ upgrade from level 1 to level 2 and you get...

- Harman/kardon 19 speaker system
- Rear 60/40 split seat and reclining seat
- second row heated seats
- adds Nav to the 8.4 inch screen
- bunch of Sirius/guardian stuff
- Apple/android CarPlay.

The last one is a big one if the level 1 doesn’t have apple/android CarPlay.

The heated and reclining rear seat are really nice if you frequently have passengers in your back seats but useless if you don’t.

I know a fair amount of people complain about the 19 speaker system but I’ve been happy with mine. I’m not an audiophile though.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I have a 19 Laramie and the only reason I would get the level 2 is to get the advanced safety group. There was no way I could justify 6k in options I would never use for 1 or 2 features I would use a few times a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/