5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Laramie Crew Cab 6' 4" bed, can't order 33 gallon tank with V8 and Level 2

MacDuff

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie Sport with 53k on it and was toying with ordering a new 2021.
Using the configurator with either V8, a 33 gallon tank and level 2?
It keeps forcing me to change to either the V6 or EcoDiesel with if I choose level 2.
Is this possible? If so, It's a deal breaker for me... Why would they force me to take a 6 cylinder with a higher equipment package?

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie Sport with 53k on it and was toying with ordering a new 2021.
Using the configurator with either V8, a 33 gallon tank and level 2?
It keeps forcing me to change to either the V6 or EcoDiesel with if I choose level 2.
Is this possible? If so, It's a deal breaker for me... Why would they force me to take a 6 cylinder with a higher equipment package?
You might have to discuss with a dealer as they often have different packages they can configure that don't appear possible online

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a similar issue using the online configurator last night. I selected a Laramie with the 5.7L and it wouldn't allow me to select the Laramie Option Package 2 without dropping me to the V6 or requiring the eTorque. I'm going to the dealer this weekend to see if they can option the truck the way I want. The configurator is obviously broken.

MacDuff

Reaction score
Thanks gents, I'll look deeper and keep trying online as well!

Rick J

Reaction score
I just built this one for fun. When I selected Level 2 it defaulted to the 3.6. I then went back to powertrain and selected the 5.7 and it was fine. I don't know why the configurator has so many idocincrecies.
Capture.JPG

AxileAspen

Reaction score
I just built this one for fun. When I selected Level 2 it defaulted to the 3.6. I then went back to powertrain and selected the 5.7 and it was fine. I don't know why the configurator has so many idocincrecies.
View attachment 74423
It will make you pick the eTorque engine when you get Level 2...or the V6...but not the regular 5.7L. Not sure why a package like that would tie to the powertrain specifically...

Users who are viewing this thread