5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Laramie 1500 with RC 6" lift - Tire choice?

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
Hi All

I just recently lifted my RAM...a RC 6" lift. I went with 20 X 10 wheel. Right now I am using Venom Power XTs...but the RIDE is horrible. I took my Truck to the RAM dealer, and they have been awesome...basically spend 2 days reviewing the truck, and has all came down to the tire quality.

So...my question is if I were to replace my tires, what brand should I look at to have the BEST ride quality I can get. I don't do much off-roading if any at all. Thanks for your input.

Chris VB

Reaction score
For an awesome aggressive look and great ride quality I went with Toyo M/T
Mine are 37”x13.5” and they still ride great! No joke. A little more frequent tire rotations I’m told but big deal. Toyo has a hybrid too the R\T rough terrain which is more of a road tire, tighter tread pattern and they are 12 ply!! Can’t go wrong with any Toyo. My 2 cents brother, have a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
c2e9a6baa3178baed3a798bc45eb60ca.jpg

Toyo M/T 37”x13.5” R24

lkjk

Reaction score
Guessing it's your lift, I've never heard of a tire having too much effect on ride quality. Maybe some wandering depending on tread, but ride quality is largely going to be a function of how much you lift it, the quality of your lift, and how much sidewall you have. 20's aren't that big, so guessing it's the other two.

Circa916

Reaction score
c2e9a6baa3178baed3a798bc45eb60ca.jpg

Toyo M/T 37”x13.5” R24

Did you have to do any trimming? I’m ordering my 6” BDS on Monday and keep going back and forth between 35 or 37’s.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Hi All

I just recently lifted my RAM...a RC 6" lift. I went with 20 X 10 wheel. Right now I am using Venom Power XTs...but the RIDE is horrible. I took my Truck to the RAM dealer, and they have been awesome...basically spend 2 days reviewing the truck, and has all came down to the tire quality.

So...my question is if I were to replace my tires, what brand should I look at to have the BEST ride quality I can get. I don't do much off-roading if any at all. Thanks for your input.

I have Toyo R/T's. There is some noise, but not bad at all. They drive and handle well. Haven't been off road with them yet.

20210409_150324.jpg
20210411_154200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread