5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Hemi Etorque Fuel tank upgrade

sv3854

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Longhorn with an etorque hemi and it has the 23 gallon fuel tank. I tow regularly and can't make it over an hour and a half without having to stop for gas. I want to upgrade to the 33 gallon but I can't find a dealer that will do it for the 2021 etorque. Does anyone know if Mopar plans to make it available as an upgrade so a dealer can install it? The upgrade was only $445 now that I look at other brand new trucks online. I had no idea they would put such worthless fuel tanks in a truck.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score

sv3854

Reaction score
I saw that forum but the 2021 etorque doesn't currently have a kit that I am aware of.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should all be the same. Granted, I don't know they are the same but the only changes for '21 were the Tech Package and the Trailer Steer thing, so it's probably a safe bet. Always a good idea to double (and triple) check though.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
i upgraded my 23 gallon tank to 33 gallons. Only cost me a cool $67k :ROFLMAO:

There have been a couple of members here who have upgraded their tanks. At least one of them found a dealer who did the work for around $3k. I sourced the parts to do it for around $1k, but decided to trade the truck instead when I saw what my truck was worth these days.

Ramjack

Reaction score
I have no idea why, but my Big Horn 5.7L eTorque has a 26 gallon tank. I was just able to confirm that today and I'm very happy about it, needless to say. I climbed under the truck and got the part# directly off the tank (52029885AC) but I could not find a definitive answer based on that part #, mostly just discussions on this forum. Kind of unusual, but I guess the part #'s on the factory tanks are not published. Then I saw people on this forum mentioning "build sheets." I found the Ram build sheet link via Google (https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing) and downloaded my build sheet which shows a 26 gallon tank. I suspected from my first day that I had a 26 gallon tank judging by the "range" showing on the dash and the amount of fuel the truck takes with, say, a 1/4 tank remaining on the gauge.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but my Big Horn 5.7L eTorque has a 26 gallon tank. I was just able to confirm that today and I'm very happy about it, needless to say. I climbed under the truck and got the part# directly off the tank (52029885AC) but I could not find a definitive answer based on that part #, mostly just discussions on this forum. Kind of unusual, but I guess the part #'s on the factory tanks are not published. Then I saw people on this forum mentioning "build sheets." I found the Ram build sheet link via Google (https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing) and downloaded my build sheet which shows a 26 gallon tank. I suspected from my first day that I had a 26 gallon tank judging by the "range" showing on the dash and the amount of fuel the truck takes with, say, a 1/4 tank remaining on the gauge.
There's nothing unusual about it. The 26 gallon tank is a free upgrade. Lots of etorque Rams have 26 or 33 gallon tanks. It just requires checking a box when the truck is ordered.

Ramjack

Reaction score
There's nothing unusual about it. The 26 gallon tank is a free upgrade. Lots of etorque Rams have 26 or 33 gallon tanks. It just requires checking a box when the truck is ordered.
Ok, I will take your word for it. It does not appear on my factory window sticker. I'm aware of the 33 gallon option. I did not order my truck so I'm glad the dealer was smart enough to select the 26 gallon tank. There seems to be a lot of confusion on this forum about this issue.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I will take your word for it. It does not appear on my factory window sticker. I'm aware of the 33 gallon option. I did not order my truck so I'm glad the dealer was smart enough to select the 26 gallon tank. There seems to be a lot of confusion on this forum about this issue.

The 26-gallon tank won’t appear on the window sticker, only the 23-gallon tank does.

If it doesn’t list the 23-gallon tank under eTorque, then it has the 26-gallon one. (Unless optioned with the 33-gal of course)

DCED49EA-CB3F-4B4D-B26B-22E81282F650.png 14AAF11E-EF4C-45B0-9463-358012AD60C0.png

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
I am surprised OP has a 23 gallon tank. I didn’t think Longhorns and Limiteds got the 23 gallon tank even if you pick eTorque. I thought it was just Laramie and trims below that.

Last edited:

OtterRam

Reaction score
Does RAM give incentives to dealerships to order 23 gallon tanks or something? I can’t think of any reason any dealership wouldn’t do the 26 gallon upgrade unless RAM didn’t want them to do it
!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The 26-gallon tank won’t appear on the window sticker, only the 23-gallon tank does.

If it doesn’t list the 23-gallon tank under eTorque, then it has the 26-gallon one. (Unless optioned with the 33-gal of course)

View attachment 94381 View attachment 94383
Actually that's not right either. The 2020 Laramie I had was equipped with a 23 gallon tank but it was not listed on the window sticker. The build sheet stated that it had a 23 gallon tank.

Ramjack

Reaction score
Actually that's not right either. The 2020 Laramie I had was equipped with a 23 gallon tank but it was not listed on the window sticker. The build sheet stated that it had a 23 gallon tank.
Also, I've seen a pic posted of someone's window sticker on this forum where it showed "26-Gallon Fuel Tank" below the 5.7L eTorque upgrade. There doesn't seem to be much consistency in what appears on the sticker.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also, I've seen a pic posted of someone's window sticker on this forum where it showed "26-Gallon Fuel Tank" below the 5.7L eTorque upgrade. There doesn't seem to be much consistency in what appears on the sticker.
There has been inconsistency for sure. Here's the window sticker from my previous truck. Notice that it says nothing about the fuel tank size below the etorque engine information. But it definitely had a 23 gallon tank...

Attachments

• 2020 Laramie window sticker.PNG
    2020 Laramie window sticker.PNG
    619.2 KB · Views: 9

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does RAM give incentives to dealerships to order 23 gallon tanks or something? I can’t think of any reason any dealership wouldn’t do the 26 gallon upgrade unless RAM didn’t want them to do it
!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I suppose it's possible, but I think unlikely for this particular part. It's more likely that the sales person in charge of ordering at the dealership just checks off default boxes unknowing of the standard equipment. That's why for every Ram on a dealer's lot with the Canyon Brown interior there are 2,000 with the black interior.

The sales people I know seem more concerned with vehicle exterior colors and the high dollar options.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 051223 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread