5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 F150 Platinum 4X4 Powerboost - update

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I’ll stick with my RAM for now.
I am not brand loyal at all, but the new Fords just do nothing for me. They look way to similar to the new GMCs, but not in a good way.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't even tell they changed. New headlights and taillights maybe. Lame.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Significant changes inside, as others have said. Much closer to the Ram now in feel.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on the lane centering?

I just ordered a 21 Limited, but am questioning myself after reading more about Ford’s lane centering and upcoming enhancements.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's decent update but I don't think I would want to own a hybrid after the warranty expires. Getting more and more complex and expensive to fix.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that give a hoot. I've had the truck about 8 months now and I had the electric drive unit replaced. The truck would start and immediately go into full accessory mode. Within an hour or so it would start and run fine. Just with a check engine light. Did it twice. The dealership downloaded a tsb update and it did it 2 more times. So, Ford authorized a complete electric drive unit. It was the first for my dealership. Tied up a lift for a week while they removed the trans and drive unit as an assembly. It's located in between the engine and trans sort of where the bell housing / torque converter would be. I have it back and its been fine. A nearly $7,000 warranty repair. I'm the first that has been on the Ford forums. Other than that, the truck is nice. MPG had risen above 21 during the summer and of the 6,000 total miles on the truck 1400 have been electric. Would I not buy one because of my repair? No, that wouldn't be a factor because regardless of make, drivetrains get replaced under warranty. That's why it's there. Nothing is perfect.

Anyway, that's the latest on mine.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I, for one, don’t give a hoot! LOL!!!
I know what you’re thinking. Then why did I read your post and then take the time to reply to it? I don’t have a good answer for that.. Just like you probably don’t have a good answer as to why you’re still posting in a RAM forum 8 months after trading it in for a FORD!!!!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I, for one, don’t give a hoot! LOL!!!
I know what you’re thinking. Then why did I read your post and then take the time to reply to it? I don’t have a good answer for that.. Just like you probably don’t have a good answer as to why you’re still posting in a RAM forum 8 months after trading it in for a FORD!!!!
Boredom. ;)

I still like Ram trucks and in another year or so I'll be getting bored with what I have and by then Ram will have done enough of a refresh to give me something different from the 2019 Ram I had. I really hope Ram does something with the 5.7 like get rid of it

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram needs to work on a powertrain option that sits between the 5.7 and the completely bonkers 6.2 supercharged TRX. Because right now that hole in the lineup is large enough to drive a dump truck through.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about some photos of the interior?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't catch me dead in an F-150. HOWEVER...

Start talking Superduty and that's a different story.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure he's referring to the wee little turbo charged hummers under the hood and not the cab.
Yeah, the little 6 banger with 430 hp and 570 ft/lbs torque. I was leery with the first one (2016) but man could it tow my car trailer. I haven't done any towing with the Powerboost. I will be pulling a 277cc Cobia boat around a bit in the spring but no serious long haul towing with it.
Yes an F250 with a godzilla in it would be a fun truck that can easily make 800+ hp with simple mods.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram cab still creams Ford, but the powertrain/towing/payload combo of the F250 is tremendously sexy.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Boredom. ;)

I still like Ram trucks and in another year or so I'll be getting bored with what I have and by then Ram will have done enough of a refresh to give me something different from the 2019 Ram I had. I really hope Ram does something with the 5.7 like get rid of it
It’s not popular opinion, but I’m really itching for that electric RAM. I also wouldn’t mind a gasser twin turbo V6. I feel like the hemi in our trucks is old technology, kind of like my Lexus is300 that had an Isuzu box truck i-6. Lexus could’ve done so much better, and so can RAM.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not popular opinion, but I’m really itching for that electric RAM. I also wouldn’t mind a gasser twin turbo V6. I feel like the hemi in our trucks is old technology, kind of like my Lexus is300 that had an Isuzu box truck i-6. Lexus could’ve done so much better, and so can RAM.
Absolutely, Ram is getting left behind in the powertrain department. But the Hemi is a solid engine, and it's specifically because it's been around so long that allows us to see what's good and bad about it, what we will or won't have to deal with down the high-mileage line that makes it so appealing. Well, that and the sound haha.

And I don't know if that's unpopular, if I don't end up feeling like I need a bigger tow vehicle, my next truck will probably be electric.

Users who are viewing this thread