5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Etorque with 17k miles needs new engine

Shizz1112

Reaction score
I have a 21 1500 etorque with 17k miles. Other day the engine light came on and truck started shuttering from a dead stop till about 10 mph and then would smooth out. Upon slowing down the truck would shutter 10 mph to stop. Brought straight to dealership. Haven’t had many answers from them. Talked to dealership today, they said they were taking front end off to access engine to better assess engine. Service advisor said engine will most likely need to be replaced. Anyone have issues like this with their rams.

BigD

Reaction score
No, looks like u got a lemon. Happens once in a blue moon. Just sucks when it happens to u.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Sounds like the old days when it would be a transmission problem. When the torque converters used lock up and shutter like crazy

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a bummer, sorry this happened to you, hopefully the dealership will make it right and quickly.

Goldsy

Reaction score
Millions of Hemis built over the years, there are bound to be a few lemons in the mix. This is why we have warranties. Overall these engines are solid. It happens. When I had my Titan, it needed a new engine at 13000 miles. Sucks that it happened though.

Shizz1112

Reaction score
Update!! Called dealership for an update and was informed that the truck was split into 2 pieces while they checked the check engine light. Went by tonight and found the cab on the lift and the rest on the floor. Was informed that this was the way they work on engines. Supposedly the number 2 cylinder is misfiring. 87BD46E8-C1EF-46FE-9850-3207033B7673.jpeg 87BD46E8-C1EF-46FE-9850-3207033B7673.jpeg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update!! Called dealership for an update and was informed that the truck was split into 2 pieces while they checked the check engine light. Went by tonight and found the cab on the lift and the rest on the floor. Was informed that this was the way they work on engines. Supposedly the number 2 cylinder is misfiring. View attachment 126513 View attachment 126513
What the what 😳...did you freak out when you saw this 😞.

Shizz1112

Reaction score
I just looks so violating 😝......hope it all works out in the end but I would have so many questions for the service manager.
I have a million and one questions and biggest concern is that it won’t be put back together properly.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The way vehicles are made today it wouldnt surprise me if the cabs were actually meant to be removed easily. Kind of like a modular design. A series of bolts, a few harnesses and a couple hoses and off it comes. I do know with the front wheel drive Ram Promaster van's, in order to replace the engine, the entire sub-frame gets unbolted and the body gets lifted off it. Seeing your cab 7 feet in the air and the rest of the truck on the ground is a little unsettling but in sure everything will be ok. Now if you said they were changing a cab vent I'd be p!$$ed off lol

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, it’s easier to unbolt and lift the cab, and you lessen the risk of paint damage if you’re removing the engine from the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryno

Reaction score
I have a million and one questions and biggest concern is that it won’t be put back together properly.
This is the proper way to work on an engine these days. It's six bolts and, the main harness, two heater hoses, radiator hoses, unhook the AC, and unbolt the master cylinder from the power brake booster. Cab is off in less than two hours and you have all the room in the world.

Bama2020

Reaction score
This is the proper way to work on an engine these days. It's six bolts and, the main harness, two heater hoses, radiator hoses, unhook the AC, and unbolt the master cylinder from the power brake booster. Cab is off in less than two hours and you have all the room in the world.
Good info...💪

Users who are viewing this thread