5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ecodiesel in California "cold weather"

Howie Dub

Reaction score
I'm in the So Cal area and heading up to the mountains next week to get some snow time in. It will probably be in the low 30s, maybe high 20s, at its coldest and I'm wondering if I need to add any anti-gelling additive before I head up? I did a search, but only turned up extremely cold weather discussions. We only have #2 diesel around where I live and according to the manual, #2 diesel should be okay down to 20 degrees. I just want to make sure there's nothing else I would need to do. Thanks in advance.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would probably throw a little in just to be safe. You don't want to find out the hard way with gelled fuel after a cold night.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Howie Dub

Reaction score
I would probably throw a little in just to be safe. You don't want to find out the hard way with gelled fuel after a cold night.

Thanks J-Cooz. Do you think I'd need it if it's just a day trip? Probably going up in the morning and leave before the sun sets.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I think you'd be fine as long as it's number 2. From Google it appears the cloud point of number 2 diesel is 15 degrees F.

Users who are viewing this thread