5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Canadian rebel auto lights.

Tmit22

Reaction score
Hello rebels!
I have a 2021 echo quad cab.
I’ve had my truck for 2 weeks now and have only drove in dark once and have played with my lights in-front of my garage for an hour. Lol.
I noticed that my high beams do not automatically switch to low beam when there is on coming traffic.
Also my low beams are always on when truck is running, doesn’t matter what mode I switch the dial to. The dash dimmer works when it gets dark and lights shut off when truck is turned off. That’s all that is automatically turning on/off.
There is no setting in my Uconnect for auto lights other than lights on with wipers. I have level 2.
What lights are supposed to be the drls?
I am wondering if there is a issue with the program for the auto lights?
the manual says the the auto light switch is to turn lights on when the sensors notice darkness.
when low beams are always on what’s the point of the auto switch 🤷‍♂️
Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

schulzie

Reaction score
Hello rebels!
I have a 2021 echo quad cab.
I’ve had my truck for 2 weeks now and have only drove in dark once and have played with my lights in-front of my garage for an hour. Lol.
I noticed that my high beams do not automatically switch to low beam when there is on coming traffic.
Also my low beams are always on when truck is running, doesn’t matter what mode I switch the dial to. The dash dimmer works when it gets dark and lights shut off when truck is turned off. That’s all that is automatically turning on/off.
There is no setting in my Uconnect for auto lights other than lights on with wipers. I have level 2.
What lights are supposed to be the drls?
I am wondering if there is a issue with the program for the auto lights?
the manual says the the auto light switch is to turn lights on when the sensors notice darkness.
when low beams are always on what’s the point of the auto switch
Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Canadian trucks run the low beams at 50% for the DRL. I believe the only way to change it is thru the dealer or alfaobd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HydroRebel

Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel was basically the same as you're describing. Low beams were on full blast all the time no matter what and it drove me crazy pretty quick. After having a 4th gen for 6 years I loved the amber turn signals as DRL's and looked into some options. As was mentioned here already I went the AlfaOBD route. It was the best $50 I ever spent on any vehicle. You can basically make whatever light you want as DRL and add the option to the screen to turn them on and off if you wanted. I picked the turn signal for DRL's and haven't looked back. Also disabled the fog light dropout when switching to high beams at the same time. I've used AlfaOBD for several other things as well and would highly recommend it. I already had an OBD reader but I did need to purchase the security bypass module. $20 or so off Amazon.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Auto lights turn on the tail lights in the dark. Personally auto lights are ridiculous as there are way too many times it’s not dark enough to turn them on but you should be using them, fog, rain, snow but people are driving around and can’t see you because your tail lights aren’t on.

Users who are viewing this thread