5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Built to serve

delastatte

Reaction score
Does anybody know why 2021 built to serve edition is available on the ramtrucks website but not on dealers dealer connect ? I spoke to a couple of dealers and they aren't able to build / order one for me . Thank you !

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody know why 2021 built to serve edition is available on the ramtrucks website but not on dealers dealer connect ? I spoke to a couple of dealers and they aren't able to build / order one for me . Thank you !
Lazy programmers more than likely, copied and pasted code from the 2020 BYO. That being said considering the 2021's are about the start production they may move the remaining(USAF, USMC and USGC) to 2021MY.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lazy programmers more than likely, copied and pasted code from the 2020 BYO. That being said considering the 2021's are about the start production they may move the remaining(USAF, USMC and USGC) to 2021MY.
'21 production has already started (8/31). Remaining BTS editions will definitely be '21s and depending on release timing for each service branch, maybe run into '22. Who knows. I wouldn't call it 'lazy programming' either, I'd call it being ahead of the game for once. Usually the Build & Price site isn't updated until long after a particular model year/color/option is available to order. The original BTS (Army) series was completely finished and the second (Navy) well underway before BTS was even added to the '20 Build & Price site. They also updated the BTS package to the appropriate Air Force series standard color (Billet), although they haven't added the special color (Anvil) yet.

Who knows about timing for new BTS orders. Keep an eye out for official announcements. I would imagine the Anvil ones will be built at the same time as the Launch Edition TRXs since they use the same 'special' color.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What @piening2150 said. The third release (anvil and billet silver) hasn’t been officially announced by Ram as of yet. Due to their limited edition nature, dealers can only order once they’ve been announced. At that time their systems will update and they’ll be able to order them.

the second release (current ceramic and Patriot blue) were announced in early June, so I’d imagine the next release will be announced soon.

delastatte

Reaction score
thank you ! should i expect my BTS to take longer to get built (once ordered) than any regular Big Horn or just about the same ? Cheers !

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thank you ! should i expect my BTS to take longer to get built (once ordered) than any regular Big Horn or just about the same ? Cheers !
No it wont take any longer than any other truck ordered at the same time. There is nothing on the truck that requires it to go outside of the assembly plant for completion.

Users who are viewing this thread