5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Builds are Up-Which Dealerships to Call?

Oak Grove

Reaction score
You can now build a 2021 Online! I was going to get the Ivory with the Sport Edition, but they have a Southwest Edition now that still gives me the body colored front that I want as well as the Sunroof and 12 inch display. Also includes the powered running boards (I would have preferred fixed, but oh well). So, I will save $2-3,000 choosing this package than the Sport Edition package. Yeah. (I'm also getting the ramboxes and multi-function tailgate for the ultimate Mom-vehicle to hail my tall teenagers and all their stuff around)
I live in the Midwest, and am going to call dealerships for pricing next week. I'm not too worried about the flight or gas as I want to take a kid with me and make a trip out of it. DH would like me to get from Arizona and transport a part for him...lol. Which dealerships do I need to call for best pricing?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
Can you post the link? I can’t seem to find the 2021 build

Oak Grove

Reaction score
Just do a Build and Price. At the top, it will let you select 2021 (which just had TRX before). Then you can select the model you want to build. There is nothing on the front page to indicate this is up

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If distance is not a concern try Dave Smith Motors. They are the largest RAM dealer in North America:

My dad used their pricing plus travel costs to negotiate for one locally.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If distance is not a concern try Dave Smith Motors. They are the largest RAM dealer in North America:

My dad used their pricing plus travel costs to negotiate for one locally.
They are certainly an option, but be careful with them. They used to be great to deal with, and would always beat my local dealership prices. But something has changed with them and they aren't as good to deal with as they used to be. They definitely have a large selection of trucks though.

Oak Grove

Reaction score
Thanks Brian42. You are right that I may be able to use a further dealer to negotiate closer to home. I likely will end up traveling regardless. We have traveled for quite a few used vehicles anyways. Looks from their website like they get a lot of "travelers". I plan to call multiple dealers and make a decision from there (cost to fly, gas back, and what adventures we can have on the way!).

Mikeru82-I'm guessing it is harder right now to get much of a discount. I am only looking at orderinga 2021, not something in stock. I have noticed a lot of dealerships advertise a price and say that you may not qualify for all discounts.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dave Smith gives an "additional" discount for local buyers.

I'm not sure what they're deals are right now but it would be worth it to get a quote from them even if you're not interested. Like I said, my dad took Dave Smith's price then added reasonable travel expenses and took that to local dealerships. One of them got close to that price and he bought locally.

Bas

Reaction score
They are certainly an option, but be careful with them. They used to be great to deal with, and would always beat my local dealership prices. But something has changed with them and they aren't as good to deal with as they used to be. They definitely have a large selection of trucks though.

^^^^ I got in touch with them about 6 weeks ago and their discounts were not worth it at the time. Plus I hate it when every online price they have is that 'too low to show' BS.

tom318

Reaction score
I ordered a truck in northern IL from Crystal lake Ram. I haven't taken delivery yet but getting a price and placing the order was a breeze. I can only hope the rest goes that way. Ordered a 2021 on 7/23. No negotiating, just called and said if i'm spending 60k it better be perfect and ill order one if i can get the discounts im seeing on the lot right now. Sales guy simply responded " no problem". Went in the next day and we configured one, he gave me the build sheet and received ~13% off before any rebates/incentives. So I ordered. I was there for maybe 15min.

Bas

Reaction score
That is how it should be; I am jealous. Pulling teeth here in CO so I have done a lot of walking away. If you really don't want my 50+ K then I'll take it somewhere else.

tom318

Reaction score
That is how it should be; I am jealous. Pulling teeth here in CO so I have done a lot of walking away. If you really don't want my 50+ K then I'll take it somewhere else.
That’s how I felt. I dealt with several other dealers and they were all awful when it came to ordering. None of them would even come down 1$ and was constantly talked into big horns or even loaded tradesman as an order vs the Laramie I wanted. The order was quick and easy but I’d call it far from a premium experience. I was hoping it would be kinda special since it’s my first new car, first ever order and it’s a lot of $$$$. They do lack updates. Surprised ram doesn’t have a site or app where you can track you truck.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I ordered my 2019 from Koon's. Excellent transaction and everything was as agreed when I picked up the truck. I flew to DC from ATL to pick up the truck.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
When I ordered my truck in summer '18, I checked prices up and down the east coast and Koons definitely had the best pricing then, which worked out quite well for me given I'm in the DC area.

Oak Grove

Reaction score
So I had called a "Costco" dealer a few weeks ago and they priced the 2021 with the Sport package and options I want. I have a message in to the salesperson to get pricing with the Southwest package instead. I called Dave Smith today and got their invoice pricing...but didn't really feel like it was any less than I will end up with on the Costco deal (maybe more!). Called Koon's...and got a reply back that they can't get correct pricing on them until Tuesday....lol...guess it is due to the Labor Day pricing.
Am I correct in assuming that higher volume dealers would have a lower invoice pricing?
I'm really wanting to make a trip out of this, but may just fly to the Costco dealer 3 hours away if I can't save $1,000 or more to pay for my trip.
Also, they seem to have taken our 2021 build down...can't get anything other than TRX on 2 computer browsers and my phone. Thankfully, I saved my Summary...but still fun to play with the build&price tool!

delastatte

Reaction score
How about NY , NJ , PA area ? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2021 BTS. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread