5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Big Horn Front Bumper Fix, leave it or replace?

ixopop

Reaction score
First post....First RAM, love the forums. I have a 2021 Big Horn - 3.21 Non E-Torque Hemi. I put a small dent in my front bumper when I hit a stone parking pillar. The dent is sharp, paint cracked, but its been cleaned, and covered to prevent it from worsening etc. I don't have any sensors to worry about, obviously.. who needs those ???(wish I had them on this day ! lol) The dent is sharp, narrow and vertical, spanning the rounded edge. Should I pay to get fixed? or order a new bumper? Im in NJ

Thanks

Brian

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First post....First RAM, love the forums. I have a 2021 Big Horn - 3.21 Non E-Torque Hemi. I put a small dent in my front bumper when I hit a stone parking pillar. The dent is sharp, paint cracked, but its been cleaned, and covered to prevent it from worsening etc. I don't have any sensors to worry about, obviously.. who needs those ???(wish I had them on this day ! lol) The dent is sharp, narrow and vertical, spanning the rounded edge. Should I pay to get fixed? or order a new bumper? Im in NJ

Thanks

Brian
Hard to say without seeing a picture. If it is bad enough to replace, you will probably have to have it painted anyway. Replacement parts usually don't come painted.

Nightowl

Reaction score
I just bought a 202 Big Horn from a dealer a few weeks ago. I decided to remove the front license holder since we don't have front plates in Ohio. When I went to take it off I noticed a big dent in the bumper behind it, only 2 bolts were holding it on.
There are no aftermarket bumpers available and a new one, painted and installed by the body shop will cost around $1500. The body shop is going to continue to try and find a used one from a junkyard.
I missed seeing the dent when looking at the truck since the plate holder was covering most of it up. It was a Certified Pre Owned vehicle and I am trying to get the checklist from the dealer to see if that was noted on the checklist. Whenever the dent was made it had to destroy the plate holder, someone replaced it to cover the dent.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a 202 Big Horn from a dealer a few weeks ago. I decided to remove the front license holder since we don't have front plates in Ohio. When I went to take it off I noticed a big dent in the bumper behind it, only 2 bolts were holding it on.
There are no aftermarket bumpers available and a new one, painted and installed by the body shop will cost around $1500. The body shop is going to continue to try and find a used one from a junkyard.
I missed seeing the dent when looking at the truck since the plate holder was covering most of it up. It was a Certified Pre Owned vehicle and I am trying to get the checklist from the dealer to see if that was noted on the checklist. Whenever the dent was made it had to destroy the plate holder, someone replaced it to cover the dent.
LKQ Online

Edit: you’d have to do some legwork and call for variations. They don’t keep their retail-side site 100% up to date.

Last edited:

ixopop

Reaction score
Hard to say without seeing a picture. If it is bad enough to replace, you will probably have to have it painted anyway. Replacement parts usually don't come painted.
There are a few places that supply the bumper and paint it for about $1500 + shipping; then i have to install. Gonna see what the local body shop says..

Thanks !

ixopop

Reaction score
Thanks ; $1500 sounds ok. That sucks to find a dent like that - mine is also a pre-owned, Diamond Black Crystal Pear- it has an aftermarket exhaust - don't know which one and neither do they , but it sounds great. I have to get under there and identify. I also assumed there would be some paint flaws I'd miss, and there were a few but a dent is a major flaw....maybe they'll accept responsibility and pay for a replacement ?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unlikely they would pay for a replacement.
A dent in the bumper doesn't affect how the truck works.
If you bought a truck with scratches in the paint, you can't go back the next day saying to fix it beucase you didn't notice it.

Certified pre-owned means nothing except it has an additional warranty vs a regular used car\truck.
A dented bumper wouldn't be fixed under a regular warranty, so I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it assuming then even knew.

They will just say they never removed the license place cover to check for damage and they didn't know.

You already bought it so it's unlikely they would do anything with the price, but maybe you could get them to "knock $500 or $1000" off and give you some money back.

I did that before when I was buying a used SUV, saw some problems with the rims and we knocked a few hundred off the sale price (before I paid).

$570 + 30 bucks shipping.
Just send them your paint code PXJ when you order.

I got a painted bumper off ebay before with no problems in the past.

If you prefer Amazon here is the link for a painted to match bumper there $760 there vs $600 at Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread