5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Big Horn Build

Woodchuck312

Reaction score
Getting ready to buy our first truck and have decided to have it built to order. We will be using this as a tow vehicle for a small light camper. Haven't decided on camper yet but it will either be an Opus OP-4 offroad or if we go hard side possibly the Opus OP-15 or a Forest River 19.6 No Boundaries. I'm a bit concerned about payload and since this will be being built was curious what you guys think the payload will be on the truck and any suggestions on other things i should add or delete.

MSRP with freight is $55,185

2021 Big Horn Crew Cab 5'7 bed
5.7L Hemi engine
Anti Spin Differential
3.92 rear axle
33 gallon tank
Level 2 equip pkg
Level 1 Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Premium Lighting Group
Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
18" stadard wheels
Tri-Fold Tonneau
Rear Wheelliners
Deluxe Cloth Bucket seats
Rear underseat storage compartment
Trailer Brake Controller
Park Sense
Blind Spot

CJR28

Reaction score
Looks like a good build especially for what your going to be using the truck for

Techguy2000

Reaction score
I couldn't easily find a 100% match near my zip code, but google vin 1C6SRFFT8LN391626 at Huffines in DFW.
Monroney:

I made the assumption that you are 4x4 and NOT getting etorque (IMHO not worth the weight or cost, and I have had a 5th gen with and without it)
You are avoiding the HEAVY options like etorque, sunroof, MFT, off road group/skid plates etc so good on you for doing the research!

When I plug in this VIN into the following payload and towing lookup from Ram, It says this truck has 1,691lbs of payload, which is VERY good. My '19 Laramie was 2wd, no etorque, no sunroof, nothing.. and was only ~50lbs more payload than this one.

Of course subtract the weight of your tonneau cover, bed utility group (25lbs I believe) and underseat storage etc from the payload to get a rough estimate.

Last edited:

Woodchuck312

Reaction score
Thanks that is a great idea looking up a similar truck...why didn't i think of that haha. Anyway yes i'm going Hemi without etourque and 4X4

Users who are viewing this thread