5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 A/C sucks

scott1200

Reaction score
Just got my 1500 about a month ago. The A/C sucks when in auto blows cold air full blast then swaps to full heat defrost and back and forth. When in manual blows hot air until you go down to the low setting. Even when its 80 something outside. Took to dealer twice. First time they said the cabin sensor was bad but when i left did the same thing. Today went to dealer again and told them what it was doing. The checked the pressure and put it on low and said it blows cold. I bitched him out and left. Called FCA up as I have a case on this. So will g to another dealer tomorrow.

After all that does anyone else having this issue or is it just me.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my '21 ther than taking a few minutes to get the hot air out of the system. Living in Orlando, we've had some warm days already and mine is working fine. I have it set to Auto at 70*. The only thing I notice is that it does switch from recirc to outside air from time to time. You can smell the difference in the air coming in from outside, but other than that, no issues here.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just got my 1500 about a month ago. The A/C sucks when in auto blows cold air full blast then swaps to full heat defrost and back and forth. When in manual blows hot air until you go down to the low setting. Even when its 80 something outside. Took to dealer twice. First time they said the cabin sensor was bad but when i left did the same thing. Today went to dealer again and told them what it was doing. The checked the pressure and put it on low and said it blows cold. I bitched him out and left. Called FCA up as I have a case on this. So will g to another dealer tomorrow.

After all that does anyone else having this issue or is it just me.
Not normal in any truck, but specially on a 2021, since they have the redesigned AC system on those.
Def get a new dealer. It’s obvious that the one you’ve been to is staffed by idiots.

KCViper

Reaction score
This is somewhat related OP, so I'll ask here. Today while driving, I turned the A/C on and the "Auto" light went off. Turned "Auto" light on and the A/C light went off.....Does this sound right?? Would think you can have A/C and Auto both on?? I've not read the manual......yet!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is somewhat related OP, so I'll ask here. Today while driving, I turned the A/C on and the "Auto" light went off. Turned "Auto" light on and the A/C light went off.....Does this sound right?? Would think you can have A/C and Auto both on?? I've not read the manual......yet!!
Normal.
Mine does the same. AC is still on when on Auto, it just does not light up.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Not normal in any truck, but specially on a 2021, since they have the redesigned AC system on those.
Def get a new dealer. It’s obvious that the one you’ve been to is staffed by idiots.
So you don't need to do the bypass valve on the heater hose?

flyingpoint

Reaction score
Mine is worse than my other old car 2006 Lexus RX. On a 98 degrees hot day, it takes about 15 mins to get the cabin cold down If the auto AC is set to 70’F. In comparison, the 06 RX takes less than 5 mins to cool down and maintain in 70’F.

thedream829

Reaction score
I have ceramic tint all around. The windshield and roof have a clear film that blocks heat and UV. I probably went overboard but I hate heat.

Users who are viewing this thread